Is it normal to feel like you gained five pounds after eating?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 3:53pm
via Android

Hey, I'm Emillie. I just want to know if some people feel like they gain weight after they eat junk food or too much food? I always feel like it and I hate it!

22 Jul
That's true but all you need to go for walk after ur meal
22 Jul
Ok, thank you :)
22 Jul
22 Jul
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 1:10am
via iOS
The slower you chew you food the less you will want to eat. This is because you brain doesn't go by the food in your stomach. Instead it sends this response by how much you have chewed. Everyone is different and will be full at different times, but if you feel like your eating too much, it's because you are. Best is 20-40 seconds per bite.
Take smaller bites along with that.
Drink a cup of water 20-30 min before a meal it will help you feel full faster.
Just because you feel like you earned it don't eat a big dinner at Olive Garden or a Xl chocolate bar. These don't help you feel full at all infancy they encourage you to eat more.
Fiber will keep you full. I eat high fiber, high protein snack bars in between meals. Eventually you will get to the point where you will feel full on less food.
After a workout your brain thinks that you need to gain those calories back. Don't treat yourself to anything unless it is fruit or veggies. Even when reading about burning calories your brain will think you've lost some and you will begin to become Hungry.
As for you're problem don't eat too many carbs and eat tons of protein and a little fat.
Protein encourages weight loss and cabs and fat go straight to your thighs.
Good luck and hope for the best.
Image_thumb
66 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 4:37pm
via Android

Hi emillie . I would be interested to know what your eating to feel like that. Are you eating the correct quantities of macro and micronutrients. People who diet and exercise often recommend eating 6 meals a day, little and often, portion size might help if it's not the actual food itself

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Aug 18, 2013 4:43pm
via iOS
Did you go to an all you can eat buffet. Then yes.
18 Aug
Yep! :-)
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 7:21am
via iOS
Did you actually gain 5 pounds by eating that meal? Probably net. Did you actually gain any weight? Probably not.... So why worry?
Image_thumb
122 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 9:40am
via Android

Yes

Image_thumb
91 Posts
Aug 22, 2013 10:51pm
via Android

Girl... sometimes I go to sleep

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51