How to gain weight?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 4:02am
via Android

Hi! I'm new here. Not really sure if this is the right forum to post in, so do feel free to move this thread otherwise. I'm a really tiny girl, 5'1 and 37 kg's. I don't know what the reason for it is, but I've been losing a lot of weight and it's really difficult for me to gain! What kind of food should I eat to gain weight healthily and what kind of workouts should I do? Also, should I take protein shakes? My goal is to get back to my old weight, at least at 42 kg. Any tips or suggestions?

Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 7:49am
via iOS
I've never really tried to gain weight so I'm assuming you probably just have to eat bigger and more portions of food. Chicken breasts and meaty things but not too much. Perhaps whenever you eat, try to eat a full meal with vegetables and fruits and whatnot?

Protein is for repairing and building muscle so I would also assume you can take it as well. 
Camerazoom-20130730214822781_thumb
1 Post
Jul 31, 2013 2:54am

Hello,

From personal experience I would recommend eating a lot of carbs. When I joined the ARMY I was about 130 pounds and now 175. Their diet was high on carbs and the constant exercise triggered something on me and I started gaining lean muscle. Also one thing that I think helped me gain weight was that you had to get used to eat your meals really quick. (15 min or less).

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51