Lacrosse training

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 12:31am
via iOS
I'm new with this app. My coach said that in order to make the lax team next year I need to bulk up. Does anyone have any good workouts or things I can do to get a stronger body? Thanks!
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 12:33am
via Android

Hey Adam. Lacrosse seems awesome, and I understand wanting to stay on the team. By bulk up, did he mean get stronger, or bigger?

Is your goal essentially to gain mass, or to build muscle? Possibly both?

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 12:35am
via iOS
He said that I need to gain muscle mostly, I also need to get my endurance for running up as we'll. thanks for responding!
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 12:42am
via Android

No prob bro. Never got to try lacrosse, always seemed cooler to me than football. 

So what you're going to want to do to build muscle is a combination of eating the right foods and/or supplements and weightlifting.
For running, I suggest lot's of cardio work. (Running is hell on me too) Set a distance or amount of time you want to run each day, and steadily increase it as time passes. This will greatly help you raise your endurance although it'll be a pain in the ass at first.
If you're wondering what to eat, focus on foods high in protein (such as fish, beans, eggs, dairy, lean meats etc.) Which sort of goes without saying. You can't build muscle or mass unless your calorie intake is higher than your output. If you don't have access to a weight room, look into a gym membership, because the quickest and most efficient way to build muscle is through lifting weights.

Any other questions?  

26 Jul
Oh, and I forgot to add in this last part. Avoid all fast foods and sodas (candy too) as much as possible. I can't stress how counterproductive these products are when trying to become fit/bodybuild. An occasional coke or some chips aren't too bad, but if you're eating these things regularly, you will not see any results whatsoever.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 12:49am
via iOS
Okay thanks! So the only way to gain a good amount of muscle is to start going to a gym? We do conditioning before the season starts but I want to be ahead of the game. So I don't really need any of those hight protein things that I see on tv?
26 Jul
You don't really need a gym, but if you want to get "ripped" or get out of dyel then it's the easiest way. There are always pushups and things like that, which I do a ton of, but you wont see results as quick. And the supplement part, while it's not required to get stuff like that, it will boost your results. Depending on what you get and how you're training. I'm not sure all too much about certain kinds but you could have a quick check into some stuff if you feel like you need it. My advice -...
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 1:03am
via iOS
Thanks!
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 26, 2013 1:04am
via Android

A gym is usually the best way to go, but you can still get around that if you just work to your goal. And with the supplements, I've never used them personally but I'm pretty sure most bodybuilders do, so I guess you could decide after researching that a bit.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51