In need of workouts for pregnancy!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 7:51pm
via Android

I really can't do anything that stretches the stomach or that could possibly hurt me...anyone know a good workout I could use during my pregnancy?

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Sep 8, 2013 6:24am
via iOS
You can always walk, work with weights like dumbbells and go swimming
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 11, 2013 3:43am

I'm pregnant and I do yoga and i walk

Image_thumb
612 Posts
Sep 11, 2013 4:47am
via Android

Lots of sex. .    :-)

14 Sep
Lol, i dont count sex as a workout xD if I did I'd be in good shape thanks to my husband haha.
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Sep 11, 2013 2:14pm
via Android

Do not workout while pregnant unless you were doing so before. You can go walking or bike riding daily. Your physician will advise you otherwise if you talk to him/her about starting to exercise without previously doing so. Swimming is also an easy, great workout for pregnant women. I went to a local association pool and the beach, while I was pregnant. I also did tons of walking because I was used to walking constantly. You can lift small weights but I was told to not continue with core and leg exercises. Walking would be enough for my legs. I also ate very healthy while pregnant and only gained 10 lbs aside from baby weight, and that's only because my butt and boobs got bigger.

14 Sep
Doctors have never once said not to exercise while pregnant. Only nothing straining my stomach.
14 Sep
Lol Ive def gained gained a butt and boobs from this baby. Im all belly anyways, I just like to stay in shape and healthy while pregnant. With my first child I done a lot of squats which helped wonderfully during labor lol.
14 Sep
I didn't say your doctor would say not to. I said, if you hadn't been prior to pregnancy they would advise you against staying to once pregnant. I drastic change in your routine like that could cause complications. They encourage you to walk and do stretches but nothing that will put too much strain on your body.
14 Sep
I know that! Lol I cant swim anyways, I'd drowned since I don't know how to swim sadly...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51