Deadlifts or goodmornings?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 10, 2013 2:31pm
via Android

Hi guys my name is sean and since going to the gym with my mates, they are so sure that deadlifting the heaviest weights will increase muscle and testosterone more than anything.
I always do goodmornings holding a plate because i can really feel the muscle burning and i feel it the next morning.
Anyone else have a view on this??
:-)

Image_thumb
66 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 2:38pm
via Android

Deadlifts is a popular exercise to increase muscle,  as it is a compound exercise, but it's not the only one and therefore should not stand out as 'the'  muscle building exercise. Good mornings are great CNS activating exercise, do more as a warm up

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 7:46pm
via Android

Deadlifting beats goodmornings everyday. But this does not mean goodmornings dont have their use.

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Sep 11, 2013 12:12am
via Android

Good mornings are more of an isolation exercise where you can target a muscle group. Deadlifts are more a full body exercise. I would suggest doing a low rep sets of DL once a week. Work the muscle groups, hammies, glutes, lower back, traps as isolations until your next heavy day of DL's. Go slow on increasing your weight on DL's because it is easy to get hurt. It's about technique. You mess your back up and your done doing a lot things not just lifting. Just a suggestion.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51