Best at home cardio exercise?

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 1:36am
via Android

I'm trying to strengthen my lungs and heart. I just recently quit smoking, I'm 23, and I really dislike jogging. Any at home suggestions for cardio? Thanks guys

20 Sep
What worked for you for quitting? I've been trying for years..!!
20 Sep
My heart :( well my family doesn't have a good health record. It worries me to hit 35 with anything serious because I couldn't quit. I suppose because both my parents died young and I had to care for myself at 14 and get a job and an apartment, I don't want my kid doing that :P sappy I know but true
20 Sep
I not sappy, motivation. There's nothing wrong with having feelings. My little man is 5 and I can't hide my feelings sometimes.
23 Sep
Thats good to hear julia. Its been more than two months I quit smoking. Been smokimg since 16. Im 23 now. And I quit for my health as I felt like so. And been working iut for 2 months. I feel the positive change physically and mentally. Oll the best
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 2:15am
via iOS
HIIT, bike, power walking, hiking, swimming. The key is to mix it up and keep it interesting.
20 Sep
Good luck in meeting your goal and congratulations on quitting. I've been smoke free for over 6 years now!
20 Sep
My dream home has all that :) lol but thank you, I was just looking for more home based activities. It gets cold here in Canada lol
20 Sep
High intensity workouts will give you a bit of everything. Shadow boxing helped me build my cardio up. Go hard, go fast. Jump rope and/or jumping jacks as well.
20 Sep
Thanks Ryan and btw congratulations on being smoke free :)
20 Sep
Thank you. It wasn't easy but it was worth it. Hope these suggestions at least guide you in the direction you want. Once you figure out what you like and what works best for you, you'll be able to start building your own routine for the specific results your looking for.
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 5:48am
via Android

Try "Fat Burner Deluxe". It's my favorite.

20 Sep
Mine too Marco :-) I took measurements today and although I have only lost 6 kilogrs I have lost centremeters off everywhere, fat burner deluxe rocks!
20 Sep
Great job Angel :). How long was your exercise period before you lost 6 kg?
20 Sep
Thank you. It has been six weeks now with the first 2 weeks being mild with excersise as I was very unfit, couldn't do one burpie and could only do 3 pushups. Now I can do 10 sets of 10 each per workout, it's an amazing feeling :-D
20 Sep
Awesome work. Your progress is great. Just keep with good work. ;-)
Image_thumb
347 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 8:41am
via iOS
I know it sounds weird but since ive dne insanity,I do all my cardio at home..so I would recommend you to play a good song really loud,n land how many punches and kicks u can for a gud 15 mins..u have also some exercises,like burpees,heisman,jump rope,jog in place,jumping jacks,some jumps..and use you tube to learn there proper form,gud luck
20 Sep
This sounds exactly like what I need something that's going to get the heart pumping but I don't necessarily want to go and lose a bunch of weight thank you!
20 Sep
U r welcome,if u need further info just ask..just do high intensity exercises like i mentioned for short intervals,it should be fine for u..but since u quit smoking,I recommend u a gud walk outside for fresh air once a while:)
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 12:22pm
via Android

Try the fight for Fit Workout here, great Cardio and you can punch and kick it your aggressions. Then switch it up next day. There are so many great Cardio workouts here, take your pick. Congrats by the way, wise choice at your age. Trust me it keeps getting harder the older you get. I'm 38 and trying to quit for the 8th time. God bless

20 Sep
Stick to its always worth it to keep trying. I be careful the older you get the more you quit and then go back to it the harder it is in the worse it is on your body so I would suggest if you really don't feel like you're going to quit don't even try it.
20 Sep
Fight for fit is a great cardio workout. Another great one is cardio fight club. :-)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 1:20pm
via Android

Thanks so much everyone yeah I just quit its only been 2 years for me but I figure it's time. I really just can't stand going outside and jogging plus we only get a few months of biking/nice weather here in Canada lol. I don't really need to lose weight in fact it's the exact opposite I need to gain some weight I'm just trying to do some cardio to get my heart pumping and strengthen that muscle again :D

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 20, 2013 3:24pm
via Android

I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't have any experiences like that to motivate me. I've been smoking since I was 17 so almost 13 years now and I know the benefits of quitting, I'm just afraid I won't ever quit! :(

23 Sep
I smoked for 35 yrs I just quit 30 days now.I quit for me not my friends /family
23 Sep
Not to be a dick but since you are one, I'm doing it for my health and future. My experiences just helped inspire me
25 Sep
To quit you have to realize that you will never reach an easy to see turning point, your life will never also you in the face and say "you have to quit smoking, idiot" the way it can with alcohol and drugs. By the time you hit rock bottom with smoking it's too late, you're dying painfully. So you gotta look inside and realize you're already there NOW. I realized that and then read the book "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" and it helped a LOT- way more than u would expect from a book.
25 Sep
*"slap you in the face", not "also you in the face"
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 3:16pm
via Android

Julia, was your reply towards me? Because I wasn't being a dick..??

23 Sep
Lol noooooooo the self righteous comment posted after. I really dislike when ppl quit smoking only to feel above those who haven't for any reason. Quit for yourself! Quit for the kids! Quit because someone darrf you too, who cares! We should just be happy we quit :-)
23 Sep
Sorry auto correct *because someone dared you too* I meant
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 23, 2013 4:33pm
via Android

Oh good! I was afraid something I typed sounded different than I meant :)

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 11:12pm
via iOS
Really cardio max exercise a great home as  keep get harder ..make me better 
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 25, 2013 2:25am
via Android

Jump rope is what I'm into these days (along with burpees I love burpees) but for getting my heart pumping and burning a load of calories in just a few minutes, jump rope is where it's at.

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Oct 3, 2013 6:50pm
via iOS
Nais gut
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 6:09pm
via Android

Man best cardio I do at home is fucking. Sounds rude?  just the truth

07 Oct
Surrrreeeee buddy
07 Oct
No seriously it's good cardio yo . But I guess jumping rope is great as well.. ;)
08 Oct
Lol I recently read an article saying that guys often think they're getting more of a workout from sex than they really are.
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 9:41pm
via iOS
Check out the youtube channel 'sixpackshortcuts' there's some amazing high intensity cardio workouts you can do using body weight!
173360_100001551752415_1522108780_n_thumb
1 Post
Oct 7, 2013 9:48pm
via Android

A lot of pullups even if you can't do one go up as far as you can as many times as you can.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51