Losing weight to qualify for the military

4 posts | Original | Recent
3 Posts
Sep 26, 2013 4:26am
Hey guys I need help I'm 17 and want to join the military I weigh 250 and need to be 180 any tips on how to lose it quick enough to go to basic next summer
26 Sep
I was in the military very recently. Running will help a lot, and it will be a huge part of being in the military.
3 Posts
Sep 26, 2013 4:41am
How long do you think it'll take running 2 miles every night and lifting weights every other day I need to meet 180
1 Post
Sep 26, 2013 4:46am
via Android

I'm in the Navy so i know what you're going into with boot camp. You'll probably want to change your diet to something healthier. Try looking that up online, but basically I'd make sure to cut back or all the way on candy and soda. You don't need that junk anyways. Drink water, you'll learn how much it can do for you when you finally get into boot camp.
Make sure to go to all the DEP meetings and take the PT seriously. they'll teach you for what the Navy is going to want you to do and that workout will get you down to size, especially mixed with a good diet.
Work hard at being fit, it'll help you out with advancement for years to come. Don't forget that if you're current going in as an E-1, if you can pass your written test (which I'd easy if you do any studying) and pass your first physical assessment, you'll get promoted to E-2. Which is a extra nice considering that E-1s have an additional pay hit for being new E-1s. Good luck, keep running, and I hope to see you in the fleet.

3 Posts
Sep 26, 2013 5:02am
Thank you carli I'm hoping by before next summer I will meet my goal heck I'll go for below 180 but I live in a small town which doesn't offer ROTC or anything like that my family only buys fatty foods and it's hard I've given uo tabbacco products for the military and I want to be a leader I have the mental knowledge and I passed my asvab exam with flying colors but for the physical you have to pass what does that consist of

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51