Any advice or help?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
39 Posts
Nov 6, 2013 1:44am
via Android

I am female...and I've been wanting abs..I've been working out every single day since summer, before that as well but not EVERYDAY. I'd do most of the time. I'm still fat, I did lose 10 lbs. I weigh 140 but I want to get stronger! Does anyone know any work outs here that'll help me get there quicker? If my age is needed..I'm a teen. Help/advise would be nice. Thank you. I also watch my calories, but this week I didn't a lot. Oops.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 6, 2013 3:29am
via Android

Bo_O!Haha,hey,if you ever need a workout or motivational buddy I'm always here . I've got the same prob with watching what I eat and building some muscle,I exercise every morning and evening! 

07 Nov
I mostly gain muscle and I can't loose weight easily. I'm lucky I did. And I wanna start running in the mornings then work outs in the afternoon after school. I just have to figure it out..but that's good your working out twice a day. :-) I usually do 20-40 minute intense work outs then I do my other things.
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Nov 6, 2013 1:38pm
via Android

You have to loose weight first with some cardio and then you can work on your abs. I'm sure you can do it if you stay focused!

07 Nov
Oh, so I should just do cardio work outs, THEN ab/muscle work outs. But what if I don't/can't loose any more weight.:o
07 Nov
You can always loose more weight!
11 Nov
That is true! Doesn't it just get harder tho? Or a limit to where you body can lose? Idk
12 Nov
Well, if you loose to much you die.
12 Nov
Lol (btw guys...it's "lose")
Image_thumb
103 Posts
Nov 6, 2013 1:50pm
via Android

You are just like i was 2months ago! Here how i did it:
1. Food: Calories watching everyday at every meal, i'm doing this too and don't stop, but look at the sugar which is in the food, focus on that and on the proteins! You need a lot of them(proteins)! Start eating 5 times a day, 3meals and 2 snacks!

2.Sport: Do 3x15-30mins cardio workouts in a week to lose body fat and reach a very low %of body fat, then 1month later start doing exercices for you abs! Be careful that you train your whole stomach not only the upper part!

After one/two months you can see somd stripes and hopefully a big change, like i saw!

Hope i helped , don't give up! 

07 Nov
Oh sugar too! Huh. How do you not just work out the upper part of your stomach, because that's all I do mostly. What exercises work out your whole stomach? I can't figure it out or do it. And I don't eat a lot, so 3 meals and 2 snacks? Right now I'll eat. Breakfast, then I'll eat lunch later or I'll skip it., or replace it with a snack. Then just dinner.
07 Nov
Sometimes I skip dinner and eat breakfast and lunch. Then nothing, or a snack. Is it okay to treat yourself a little?
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Nov 7, 2013 3:58pm
via Android

You say you watch your calories but do you eat clean? Do you eat well? If you get your daily caloric allowance is mostly from sugar... well I guess technically if you watch your calories you should be okay, weight-wise, but I can't imagine that being a happy fun productive time.

I avoid sugar. I don't eat it. On special occasions I'll eat something and I treat it like I'm about to get wasted and have a hangover to recover from.

Try eating mostly vegetables, and some fruits. No liquid calories. (sorry no Caramel Machiatto or anything like that) water, black coffee, tea, water.

Some whole grains maybe once or twice a day in medium small portions.

Lots of protein, (if you're working out) chicken, tuna, eggs, less beef and other red meat...

You say "watch" but do you track your calories? I mean using an app like myfitnesspal? It's super effective.

How hard do you work out? There are some great core exercises out there.

P90x: Ab Ripper X
Rapid-Fire Obliques

Try full body workouts too. Working your core is very important but it's not gonna slim you down the way some people think.  eating well is most important, and burning calories through walking, jogging, full body workouts, aerobics, dancing... you know, cardio combined with body weight exercise for muscles. Muscles are good.

11 Nov
True! I always do rapid fire oblique! But okay more meat? What I mean watch is probably like not a healthy watch. Ill. Eat Idk. 600 Calories one day or Idk. Less than 1,000 I know that. Probably less than 900 as well. Idk my friends say I should eat more..and I have these past two weeks but I'm gonna cut off again. I didn't get to Di anything for the past 5 days.-_- I was busy but right Bosnian am..hmm. I'll get the app and try it c: I wanna start running again I used to always. But omg....
11 Nov
Now not Bosnian
12 Nov
You're probably mistaken with how many calories you think you're eating. 900 seems way low. Then again, it depends on what your current weight is... There are many websites where you can easily find how many calories you should eat in one day. They aren't super exact but they give you an idea, a place to start. Calorie tracking apps like myfitnesspal and noom and others... you enter your body and lifestyle info and they can tell you how many calories you need to eat to stay the same, to lose weight, or to gain. And they help figure in...
12 Nov
Oh okay.  Yeah 900. Is low. I weigh 140 and my height is 5'9. Yeah. I've looked online before. Butbmy height and weight Changed so I'll check again.. I love.vegetables so it shouldn't be hard. :-)  I tend to skip lunch on weekdays and just eat some dried fruit instead or a Cliff Energy bar. Most of the time I take powerade or water to school. Almost all the time. I'll get the app! And check online how.much I should.be consuming to loose weight. Idk I'm good for my height, but.not to myself.:-)  I checked my BMI online its about...
12 Nov
No frappes wahh...jk great tips I admire that adherence to clean eating
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Nov 12, 2013 12:40am
via Android

:-P

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Nov 12, 2013 1:00am
via Android

Length of workout is really up to you. The medical recommendation is something low, like... 20 minutes at least 3 times a week for basic "health"... For different goals there are different methods. MOST of your weight loss and weight control happens with your eating habits. It takes hours of working hard to burn the calories of a couple cheeseburgers, but if you balance those cheeseburgers into a healthy diet (cuz who wants to give up cheeseburgers completely and forever?!) the work you gotta do later isn't so bad.

It seems like you want to control/lose weight. You really should know about good eating and some basic nutrition before you worry about fine tuning your workouts. Besides, what you said you already do sounds pretty good to me.

There are so many good fitness nutrition blogs and sites out there. You can just start searching and reading and picking up info everywhere. Try different searches "fitness eating" "nutrition good food"...anything like that...and read something everyday.

"Marks daily apple" is a site I've visited and learned from. I Don't visit it religiously or do everything he says, but it's good to read stuff, especially stuff that disagrees with each other, so I get two different sides of it...

Stumbleupon is also a great app for helping me learn a lot. check it out it's easy and fun. I prefer the version for my laptop but it's on my phone too. I just have my account, and I check things like fitness, health, food,.and other stuff like that as my interests,.and when I press the stumble button, the app takes me to all different random websites that match my interests. Places I might never find by just googling something. I've learned a lot from it.

12 Nov
Huh. Well I'm not a big fan if burgers, burning do love chicken tenders haha. I mostly eat white mean, or some fish. Because we should be eating it once a week for a "healthy diet" Yeah, I wanna loose weight and just gain more muscle. Idk. Its not that I choose not to eat a lot, I just don't get that hungry. Or get hungry a lot. Ill go the whole day with just breakfast and realize I haven't eaten when it's dinner time But yay. Good thing what I'm doing now is good. But, I sure will download...
12 Nov
But it is true, some work outs, and routines work better than others. That's what I learned. Because before when I'd do 1-2 hour work out, this app helped me better than that. I'm happy it did. This place helped me lose 10 lbs actually. ^^
12 Nov
Haha yeah exactly, substitute burgers with whatever you love that isn't exactly healthy. If you're eating good food and treating you're body like a high performance machine that needs the high octane, it hopefully enjoy feel gross, especially after you start to notice the energy and mental sharpness and good moods and everything else that comes from balanced living. Good luck and don't be shy about asking anything, I'm learning too and love an excuse to try to learn more.
12 Nov
Oops "WON'T feel gross" not "enjoy"
12 Nov
Haha. Okay. :-) I'll be sure to ask, and that is true! I've actually thought of just eating fruits and veggies xD like only that because I feel great when I do. Maybe a little meat, because my mom will eventually make me. Idk my bffs mom said it's okay to treat your self once and a while. Because too much of a good thing could be bad.. haha. But yeah. You can ask me to! I could maybe help you too if you have a question. I may know some stuff. ^
Icon_missing_thumb
30 Posts
Nov 12, 2013 1:36am
via Android

there is a lot a great advice being provided here but I am concern about your diet if you're in the teens and that height: eating a 900 calorie diet doesn't seem safe females should never go lower than 1200 online tools are exactly that. if you need an accurate calculation of calories needed ;do a bit of math
BMR weight/2.2x0.9x24
Now multiply bmr by 1.2 that's calories you burn when at rest
BMI weight x height(inches) x height (inches)x703
A good #is18.5-24.99
To lose weight subtract 300 from bmr that's the # calories you need to eat for weightloss

12 Nov
I would also recommend adding weights to your routine 2x/wk and all the cardio your heart can stand :-)
12 Nov
**also invest in a caliper which is basically a fat pincher if your body fat % is low (18-26%) than most of your weight is prob lean muscle
12 Nov
I use a 10 lb weight ball. Because that's all I have lol. When I go to the store I'll go to the dumbbells I can do 20 lbs in each arm, so far. Okay I went online to the BMR and BMI calculators because I messed up ha. My BMR: Should be 2,231 calories to loose weight( i subtracted 300) originally it's 2,531 calories. I think that's too much. Idk.. and my BMI: Is 20.7. It said I was good Idk and below 18.7? Is underweight then my waist to height ratio was. 0.41 which I didn't get lol..Idk...
12 Nov
Oh and what's a caliper. :-) lol is it a machine
12 Nov
Its a plastic clamp do an image search

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51