Important!!! (Help)

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 12:10am
via Android

So I'm 16 and I weigh about 170 pounds, and I want to be 135, before Christmas. Any advice about how I can come close to achieving this. Thanks.

09 Nov
Cutt the soda drinks any kind a sugar, low carbs and your daily 30min workout that makes u sweat. And don't forget to drink a lot of water
09 Nov
No soda. No fast food. No simple sugars. Small meals through the day. Lots of cardio. Fiber.
09 Nov
Just do workouts for weight lose and drink lots of water:)
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 8:42am
via Android

A good diet, a lot of cardio and somebody or something to motivate you.

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 1:30pm
via Android

Yer just get into a good routine and do cardio daily, try to run abit further or abit faster every day, drink alot of water it helps alot too, eat foods that fill you up ...low gi foods..potatos ect, smaller meals in a day but still make sure you eat atleast 3-4 meals a day

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 4:54pm
via Android

You want to lose 35 pounds in about 40 days? That's like 6 to 7 pounds per week. I don't know if that is a healthy goal. That's more like a crash diet where you'll lose a lot of lean (muscle) mass too. You'll probably be hungry all the time and I don't know what your situation is but for me, I don't need to be hungry in December for it to already be one of the more tempting months to cheat on my diet.

Even if you modified your goal to be more healthy, that kind of goal takes the kind of dedication that not many people can just summon up out of nowhere. Why do you want this?

You gotta eat super clean and super smart like you are a machine and also a scientist finding the secret formula for the machine's highest performance, monitor calories, exercise like it's your job... You gotta have the kind of drive you can only imagine exists in whatever dimension they take those sweaty pictures for fitness motivational posters. People do amazing things all the time, why not you? It's no great secret, hard work and dedication are all it takes.

Or, you could just relax a bit, do your best but keep it moderate, and see some progress by Christmas but even better, have some solid good habits developed that will continue to pay off with more progress.

09 Nov
You're right in the prime of your development, maybe don't try to put your body through that kind of diet stress. How tall are you? Are you still growing? 135 is pretty small...
09 Nov
I'm 5'5
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 8:54pm
via iOS
I agree with Patrick... It is good that you are wanting to lose weight and be fit but you also need a more realistic timeline... It is possible to lose all that weight by Christmas but it will be extremely difficult and you will most likely feel weak.  When trying to get those quick results, you put your body through a lot of stress. When your body goes through that much stress, you are more likely to binge after the holidays.  This is why diets don't work... Diets are made for quick results but not long lasting ones.  Getting thin and fit is a lifestyle.  Everything needs to change (slowly)...
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 2:49am
via Android

There are many different bmi calculators online.

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

That particular page says that for your age, there is no ideal standard, which is good, you probably should not concentrate on numbers so much as how you feel cuz you're still developing.

That being said, your current weight puts you at the bmi of about 28, and according to that site, 19-25 is healthy. If you weighed 150 you'd be at 25 bmi.

Maybe shoot for that first. Having smaller goals helps you to build healthy muscle at the same time, which has weight, and learn and alter your techniques to get better results.

10 Nov
Thank you:-) :-)
10 Nov
Wait so those fasting diets aren't healthy?
10 Nov
I just looked at you're pics Evan and you're not even overweight! How tall are you?
10 Nov
Well...I'm gonna go with NO. It's an oversimplified answer but it's enough for now. Especially for your age.
10 Nov
I'm 5"5 Jenny.
70802_655741157_112040589_n_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 3:00am
via iOS
You're young so you're body will respond to carbs better just try to avoid white carbs.. Eat less fatty/fried food .. Drink lots of water and eat 5 - 7 times a day in smaller portions
10 Nov
Oh and of course stay active and try to work out 3/4 times a week.. You don't need to go to extreme measures to lose weight and you're 16 right now.. Your bodies going through a lot of changes
10 Nov
Omg yes, really why didn't I think of this. If you just started eating smart, mostly vegetables fruits whole grains (brown rice, brown breads, whole grain pasta, oatmeal, quinoa), water to drink, maybe milk cuz yer a growing boy... Some lean proteins (less red meats more chicken & tuna) ... I mean, at your age your body should adapt quickly and you'll probably start to trim up almost effortlessly! The thing is a lot of 16 yr olds don't have control over the food supply in the house so it's more difficult to make some choices and avoid temptations (like...
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 3:22am
via Android

Thank you guys. This was very helpful

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 3:41am
via Android

Do you guys think the Aphrodite work out would be enough cardio?

10 Nov
DEFINITELY!
10 Nov
Haha wow if you can DO the Aphrodite workout I think you're already in pretty darn good shape. Unless you're just talking about attempting it and trying to improve/get closer to finishing. Either way though, burpees are like a super-exercise so yeah, do em up.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 4:36am
via Android

Lol I actually want that girls butt in the picture.

10 Nov
For myself lol.
10 Nov
Squats are a butt's best friend
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 5:08am
via Android

Jenny when I do squats I don't even feel in in my glutes

10 Nov
Do more squats til you do and make sure you're going down low enough.. If you still feel like it's not enough you can always add some weights :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 10, 2013 5:18am
via Android

Just eat good . Get motivated . And do simple stuff ,then make it harder and harder

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51