Marathon & Endurance Runners

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 20, 2013 6:17pm
via Android

Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone here is an endurance runner and what exercises are you doing on here to help you out with the runs? I'm currently running a marathon, my first, in February and trying to get more muscle building in because it has definitely helped me in my runs. I'm not a beginner runner but any extra help I will take! -- I'm also turning 30 tomorrow and I feel fabulous! Happy Birthday to all my fellow Scorpios! :-) #RockOn

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 20, 2013 8:17pm
via Android

Thank you John!! That definitely helps because I do have trouble maintaining proper oxygen, and staying at a constant pace. I will need to get some iron pills or something. I'm excited to run this as it has been a life long dream and goal of mine to do considering I come from a family of marathon runners, it's exciting!

20 Nov
Lat well I did 5ks Mon, Wed, and Fri s, and this week I'm doing 6 miles on those same days with muscle building exercises I between days
20 Nov
yes I will be doubling up my workout each week until the marathon
20 Nov
I've been running for quite a while how was training for 5k and then I did a 10 miler Run and I been packing up my miles ever since
20 Nov
and my route usually consist of running around the area that I live in mostly asphalt roads or gravel on grass
20 Nov
Thank you so much! It sounds like you just burned your self out, sorry to hear that but know that it is very nice to hear you are running again! I can't imagine myself or my life without running. My dad will be running with me and he had been kind of my trainer, as he ran many san antonio marathons and some, so I will have that push during the race. I greatly appreciate your well wishes and I will keep in touch on how it goes! Thank you for the motivation and advice, it's been very helpful and...
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 3:05am
via iOS
I run Congrats on the training, your first finish line will give you a rush you've never experienced before so keep going hard!! Concentrate on quads (wall sits, deep squats) hamstrings(dead lifts with heavy dumbbell or bar) and calves(raises, jump rope, ski hops) and strengthen and lengthen your core and body with yoga x2 weekly The yoga is key to preventing injuries while your training runs get longer in distance and will help you focus your mind to drive towards your marathon goals! Beat of luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51