Whats safe and Not safe?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 4:30am
via Android

Hey all!

I am trying to start deadlifts/power lifts and squats

Was wondering what is a safe way to start...

Deadlifts I have no idea how to measure whats a safe and good weight to start out,

Im 170cm height and 55kg weight -if this helps

I understand good posture but would like to know how to gage weight

Also how do I add weight while squatting -

I have a small home gym, no squat cage yet

Image_thumb
481 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 4:45am
via Android

Lol...pick it up...th only way to gauge it is by lifting it...ur weight doesn't matter some really small guys can lift some serious weight and vice versa a training log and trail and error always worked for me

25 Nov
Sounds good ill try that thank you :p
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 7:13am
via iOS
Start off with a light weight and slowly increase the weight between your sets.. Do this till you hit 3 rep max..that's how you tell what's light and what's heavy for you.. Going on a one rep max on squats and deadlift even 2 reps are very dangerous if your a beginner.. Deadlifts and squats if done with bad form can put you out of trianing for a long time so becareful and use correct form..
25 Nov
Don't forget to warm up and focus on your workout
25 Nov
Oh yea and invest in some knee wraps and such...i wish i had of years ago
Image_thumb
72 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 9:04am
via Android

Oh champion thanks for this info mate thanks to both of you for the help appreciated

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 3:34pm
via Android

I would suggest you find a weight you can do 3 sets of 5 reps on the squat. Go trough the motion and work on technique.

For deadlifts, keep the reps low aswell. I would suggest you start with 3 warm up sets of 5 reps. Work your way up with the weight towards your working sets. Do 1 set of 5 reps on your max. If you need to stop and get ur form back on, do this. Never any need to hurry. If you feel good do another set of 5 or 3 reps.

Its a thing of starting out and finding out. Goodluck.

30 Nov
Thanks for this mate sounds easy now, cheers!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51