Muscle gaining?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 27, 2013 5:00pm
via Android

Hey there everyone. I've had a fair amount of trouble gaining muscle. At the moment I am averaging 75kg (about 170 pounds I think). I used to be 70kg and it has taken nearly a year of training to get only 5kg. Im heading off to the Army in may 2014 and was hoping to get to 80kg before I left. Im in the gym monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 2 hours a piece. And do Cardio on Tuesday and Thursday, coupled with moi tie (still cant remember how to spell it) on Saturday mornings. I have protein shakes and plenty of eggs and steak but cant seem to put it on. Any advice would be appreciated.

28 Nov
5kg is over ten pounds and that sounds pretty good for just under a year... Is that not considered good? I guess it probably depends where you started from... But if that's all muscle weight is that not a pretty good rate of gain? I've only read like one article that had mentioned muscle gain in a year but i think he was talking like if you've been training for years already... And personally my own experience is limited in this area and I don't have any friends to learn from. So my basic question is: is five kg muscle...
28 Nov
Weighttraining like losing weight should b having continuous results if done right...i should see some progress everytime i go into a gym rather it b a few extra reps or adding just 5lbs to a lift whn building strength u build muscle...I'm not sure wat would b considered insane...but body splits always worked for me chest and arms- shoulders and back -legs and core thn switching it up useing different training methods somedays heavy other days more reps for endurance i workout tht body part to absolute failure if i could still do a rep thn i didn't totally go...
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Nov 27, 2013 6:02pm
via Android

It could b ur training program needs a overhaul but if ur body is losing muscle thn ur probably in wats called a catabolic stage which means ur body is stripping nutrients tht it needs frm th very place u dnt want it to..which means even though u thnk ur getting enough food intake plain and simple ur not try increasing ur protien and also buy an amino acid supplement to help ur body out and pull u out of a catabolic state

27 Nov
Gaining muscle is difficult, I have gain only 4 kilos in the past 3 months, the key here is never to stay on empty stomach, eat anything apart from fats, that helps me!
27 Nov
Gaining muscle is not hard...dnt mean to b disrespectful but esp for a man it isn't hard if ur struggling its due to certain things improper nutrition inadequate training or a underlying health problem...i cud lift say for biceps a barbell curl do 5 sets of 100 reps thts a lot of work but not see much gains may see a little but mostly I'm gonna gain muscular endurance....if I'm looking to pack on mass I've got to train like th big guys..doing hundreds of barbell curls is like training as if u were going to run a marathon but...
27 Nov
I agree with what u r saying … what I meant was people with naturally high metabolism, like me, find it difficult to gain mass
27 Nov
:-) i get it...ur bodies requirements r higher which means u hav to take in more ...th ratios mite b difficult at first to figure out of how much u actually need to take in...id experiment id take in more add extra protien...carbs r great for u guys..people high metabolisms definitely don't need no cutting and by adding id keep a watch on my body mass vs body fat percentage untill i find th rite ratio...I've heard people complain an say they wish they cud hav tht kind of metabolism..but their is always pros and cons on both sides.. keep...
27 Nov
Hannah please. If it was easy to do then why would we all be struggling to gain muscle. It rquires determination and lots of work. And none of that is easy.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Nov 27, 2013 11:45pm
via Android

Could you give insight in how you train? What is it you do in the gym?

29 Nov
I do pretty much an entire round of stuff. Monday is biceps and shoulders day. I do stuff like pull ups, bicep curls. And shoulder exercises I don't know the name for. Wednesday I do abs and legs. It involves weighted swats, crunches, leg press. Similar exercises. Friday I do chest and triceps, stuff like butterfly press, bench, tri extensiones. They definitely leave me exhausted and tight through whichever muscle groups I exercised. But I don't seem to be gaining much weight. (Sorry for the late reply)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51