Choosing Programs

2 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Dec 6, 2013 9:24pm

Hey I recently picked up this app and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I started the 6 pack abs program and it is pretty good, I'm learning a lot from it. Though it is only around 25min each workout 3 days a week. And while that 25min is probably better spent than what I had been doing on my own before I feel like I should be doing more.

I have set aside an hour everyday to workout and I was wondering how I could use this app to fill that time? Should I mix and match programs? Is there a good program avaliable for me?

Any advice would be appreciated.

950 Posts
Dec 6, 2013 11:43pm
via Android

In conjunction with your program and your favorite workouts, I would personally recommend just finding workouts that look fun or good and trying know like, dedicate/limit like two minutes to finding a workout, don't take too much time or thought, when you see something you think "looks good" just do it up. Get familiar with all the ways you can browse workouts, by using the filters, search functions, finding one and looking at all the "similar" workouts....keep changing it up. Maybe dedicate certain days to certain body areas and other days to random/full body. You can do a few short workouts one day, and one longer workout another day, so many variations and this app has so much potential.

For me this works because even with my favorite workouts I lose momentum and motivation to do it that fifth or sixth time around. Also you get introduced to a lot of different exercises you may otherwise never have discovered, and also different workout styles. You can see how it feels to do many 30-second exercises, or to repeat 5 rounds of a few one-minute exercises. I think that doing it this way, at least part of the time, ensures that I am getting the most I can out of this app. Good luck and have fun!

07 Dec
Good piece of advice, thank you *liked

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51