Splits?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 6:36am
via Android

I want to become more flexible, and be able to do the splits. Do you guys know any ideas, advice, or stretches that will help me achieve my goal?:)

30 Dec
Make sure you do warm up first my yoga instructor told me it is best to do it in the morning make it easier to gain flexibility. You can do: 1 forward bend 2 single leg forward bend 3 hamstring stretch etc Good luck to u
02 Jan
This is so weird! I just started the split challenge today. Google it
03 Jan
Do stretches that stretch out the legs and hamstrings. I usually do lunge and stretch into it and then straighten the leg and stretch. Do for both legs. And also praticing it makes it easier and sshows your progress
Image_thumb
158 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 7:24am
via Android

Practice makes perfect

Image_thumb
61 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 8:04am
via Android

Hey me too. I have given myself a 4 month goal to become more flexible! Let me know what you are doing.

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 10:51am
via iOS
Give yourself time goals .. So hold each stretch for longer each time you do them ( aim for a 5/8 min goal for each stretch) . Pay attention to your hamstrings hips and lower back . Also a good strong core helps to maintain the hold
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 7:34pm
via Android

Thanks guys!:)

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 7:46pm
via Android

Stretch every time you can. When you at home watching TV.
There is no magic to it, just a lot of labour.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 30, 2013 10:34pm
via Android

Lunges and Reverse Lunges work well! Hold each for three minutes, right when you get up, and before bed. And you can stretch throughout the day if you'd like. But you don't have to. It just speeds up the process a bit. So I'd say 3-31/2 weeks with stretching throughout the day. And maybe 4 or 5 weeks without. It's all about being consistent with it. Don't give up.   :)

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Dec 31, 2013 3:41am
via iOS
Go to YouTube and search seven gymnastic girls splits they have a lot of good things on flexibility and stuff 
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 31, 2013 5:05am
via iOS
Never
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 11:26am
via Android

Hey well I'm a cheerleader so this is what I suggest haha.
You MUST warm up before streching, like running/cardio is good. Many people make the misstake and bend their backs while streching.. Don't do that haha. Then all bodies are diffrent so go search and try all stuff and see what works out best! I started streching 3-4 times a week, but then add up. Hope this was helpfull haha

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 7:33pm
via Android

1 tip

Proper warm ups. Pulling muscles is no funn.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51