Running?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 10:58am
via iOS
I want to start running again... But it's hard for me to get going I get short of breathe just by walking up stairs!!!! I use to run none stop in high school when I played softball and soccer but now that I'm out of high school and in college , I've gotten lazy and it's hard for me to run without my heart burning my throat burning my ankels giving out and me wanting to QUIT!!! How can I keep running/jogging without getting so tired and dying!!! Lmao HELP!!!!!
02 Jan
It's always a great idea to get cardio but u must pace yourself. Most people just want to jump the gun and don't understand. Start out by just jogging in place or doing some jumping lunges or seal jacks to warm yourself up. I have faith that u can do it. Anything is possible if u believe in it.
03 Jan
I had this problem, but I never ran in high school. I only played sports in season. Once I got to school, I really wanted to start running. My suggestion is to find really good music, and start by walking for 30 mins at a brisk pace. Slowly from here then start by running a little at a time until you can run for a mile or more. This helped me a lot, and after not being a runner in high school, I can now run a mile and a half without stopping and i am still working on getting...
Image_thumb
255 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 5:28pm
via Android

Maybe you need to find some friends to run with
Good music will help you to
But for me the most important is running somewhere i love to.
And don't forget never give up. The more you run easier it will be

Ps : if you smoke it will be a good idea to stop

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 2, 2014 5:33pm
via Android
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 7:43pm
via Android

Interval

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 8:03pm
via Android

Ease into it, after you stretch try timing how long you can run before you feel winded and from there plan intervals of walking & running for however long your goal is.

For example start off walking for 5 minutes running for 1 minute (repeated until the end of the time your going for). Then when 1 minute is easy try walking for 4 minutes then running for 2 minutes and so on and so forth until you can run the entire time. It may take a while but it works

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51