I want to tone my legs but im svared that they get bulky?

4 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Jan 8, 2014 4:36pm
via Android

My friend has been doing weights for a while now. Her legs have become bulky and muscular. What im aiming for is lean and tone legs, so im worried that doing weights or leg exercises will make it bulky? Any suggestions on what to do?

08 Jan
High repetition with lower weights to prevent muscle hypertrophy at a faster rate. Perform leg exercises that include groups of muscles(squats, lunges etc) vs isolation exercises(hamstring curls or knee extensions). Also perform stretches to keep the muscles elongated and keep up with the cardio. In most cases bulky muscles types are the results of genetics but people will view themselves as being bulky because they are not accustomed to seeing themselves with the added tone.
513 Posts
Jan 8, 2014 4:49pm
via Android

Just try not to eat too much protein.

482 Posts
Jan 9, 2014 12:24am
via Android

Feel it for urself Id stay away frm weights all together if my goal was urs weight training will gain mass esp if ur increasing th resistance per workouts ...body weight is th way to go ..if uve never worked out tho even body weight will gain some mass but not enough to cause alarm to gain muscle their has to b an increase n resistance...so try air sqauts lunges all tht kinda a stuff keep it simple in tht regard make cardio based for fitness and add plyometrics and u should get the results ur looking for...u want have skinny legs but u want be near a bodybuilder either

1017 Posts
Jan 9, 2014 6:55am
via Android

You can weighttrain and create great lean legs. Just woudnt train your quadriceps alot. Because those muscles usually give the legs the bulky look.

Squats, lunges and deadlifts for sure wont give you bulk legs. Since they mainly activate the backsidr of your leggs and body. What will results in stronger hamstringa and glutes. Which doesnt look bulky at all.

And one thing, if it eventually is too much to your taste. Just dont train and muscle will be gone before you know it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51