If you aren't sore the day after your workout are you doing something wrong?

5 posts | Original | Recent
7 Posts
Jan 9, 2014 4:17pm
via Android

Okay so I've been at the gym at least 10 times in the past two weeks. When I started I felt sore but I worked out last night for almost two hours and the only thing that's a little sore are my arms and my abs are only a tiny bit sore. Is it more of a getting used to working out thing or am I not doing enough? Thanks!

63 Posts
Jan 9, 2014 5:52pm
via Android

Your body was sore because your using different muscles and stuff. When you stopped getting sore I'd guess that you've become used to your workout or working out the same areas every time. Like for me I rarely get sore, I've done some of the hardest workouts of my life, and don't get sore from it. I try to get sore. It's weird. Lol

68 Posts
Jan 9, 2014 5:58pm
via Android

Yeah if youve been ten times in the past 2 wks hell yeah! Your bdy is just getting use to it, to add variety you can time your self during different workouts like for example with squats or crunches you can try and get 50 in one minute or something similiar. But yeah give it another week or so and you should seeing changes in the way you look as long as your eating healthy. Great job keep up the hard work :-)

2 Posts
Jan 9, 2014 6:22pm
via Android

The body will adjust to the stimulus that is placed upon it.  As you continue  your workout  your body will adapt and your endurance will increase. The question is what is your goal.  Are you trying  to tone?  Run races? Lift a certain weight?  Increase your stability? When you set your goal  until you get there you may be uncomfortable after some workouts this is because  of lactate acid  that builds in the muscle when you reach your ventilartory threshold . But once you reach YOUR Goal the body will plateau.

274 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 1:51am
via Android

During resistance training, if you feel like you hit a plateau, adding more weight is not always the case. Position the body in various angles while working the same muscles. Take the crowd favorite, the standing dumbell curl, for example. Try leaning back on an incline bench with your upper arms perpendicular to the floor,  arms hanging straight down. Or flip over on the bench prone and curl, flexing at the elbows, upper arms perpendicular to the floor. Hell, I even tried laying flat on a bench and curled using 15 lbs. Totally kicked my ass.

Another thing to mess with its your sets and reps. Mix sets with heavier weight with less repititions, and lighter weight with higher repititions. Every muscle has both slow twitch and fast twitch muscle fibers. Use them all.

And finally, tempo. The rate you lift, pause and lower weight. Change the rate you move the weight and pause at the apex. Spend more time in the eccentric (lowering) phase of any workout, as this is the phase you can build the most lean muscle and cause the greatest damage.

Mix and match exercises using the above methods and you will feel the burn every time the morning after. No bull.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51