Squats?!?!

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 9:31am
via Android

Okay i now this is weird and funny, but please help :( every time i try to do squats, i feel like i'm doing it wrong. Is it possible to not be able to do squads because i'm not flexible enough? I watch videos and i see that their heels are on the ground. They don't lift them when they squat. When i do it, i can't go down when my heels are down! So i don't feel anything in my butt (probably because i can't go down even a tiny bit!) The only pressure is on my knees and on my calves. No butt :( How can i improve my squats? Please please please help :(

10 Jan
I have made aan topic about this. Check my account for it. It explains the technique and problems ppl have doing squats
10 Jan
Thank you!!
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 11:14am
via Android

I had the same problem. I downloaded the free 'Runstatic Squats' app and it helps you do squats properly using just your phone. All you do is hold it and when you do one correctly it registers it.

10 Jan
Oh wow thats awesome! Im gonna try it. Thank you!
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 11:16am
via Android

Just glad to help

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 11:56am
via Android

You could use a mirror or watch the 3D skeletal squat video on my Facebook. Matt Simpson PT

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 12:52pm
via iOS
If you feel the pressure on your knee I think you should check on your posture.  You shouldn't put your weight on your knees but on your butt by sending your hips back. You can check youtube there's a tutorial about squats. Good luck to you
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 8:59pm
via iOS
Watch yourself in a mirror. It sounds like your lower body alignment isn't right. 

A friend of mine had a ton of trouble with squats, she just felt like she was going to lose her balance if she kept proper form. What helped her was holding a weight in front of her, which allowed her to keep her butt back without toppling backwards. 
10 Jan
Well its pretty hard to look at urself while squatting. Since this means you are compremising form alrdy
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 11:54pm
via Android

I had to learn military squats for sports.

Make sure your feet are slightly wider than your shoulders, toes should be pointing out slightly (naturally). In order to test that your legs are the right distance for your body, lock your hands (in a prayer hands type joint) and bend (or squat) so that your arms can fit between your knees.

Return to standing. When you actually squat, youll want to keep a few things in mind.

1) keep your back straight!!!
                  Look straight ahead at all times. It helps, and wont strain your neck.

2) keep your hands clasped (i tend to fist one and fold the other around it), though you dont really have to put them between your knees every time.

3)put your weight in your heels. Lift your toes up off the ground if you have to, when you first figure it out.

4) tighten your core. As you always should when exercising. :)

Hope that helps at least a little. Any questions further, i might be able to help, though i might not. Good luck!

Image_thumb
288 Posts
Jan 20, 2014 5:04am
via Android

This is what my gf's pt teach her to do squat use a chair or a banch to guid u that's how i learn to do squat. If u go to mainland china some washrooms r squat

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51