Absolute beginner needs suggestions

5 posts | Original | Recent
5 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 1:56pm
via Android

I am completely new with workout trainer app. I would like to use it for weight loss and I can use it for about 2/3 days per week (1 hour training). I saw that many workouzts consists of mini exercises for no more than 30 secs. For whom that used the app in the past my question is: will it help to lose weight and tone up muscles? Is it possible to combine 2-3 workouts? Is there any guide on which are the best combinations of workout that helps to lose weight and tone muscles? I am 40 years old male with sedentary job. Thanks

11 Jan
It might only be 30 seconds of pushups, but then it could be 30 seconds of burpees, 30 seconds of squat jumps, 30 jumping jacks etc. Over the course of 30-60 mins,Which in turn is still a great work out, burning calories, and building strength,but you aren't doing the same thing over and over. There are also a lot of different workouts that have longer intervals(60 secs-2 mins etc)
1017 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:23pm
via Android

Well there are many longer workouts. From 15 minutes to some even over an hour. And working out can help. But its never the whole solution. I would just advice to you, browsr the workouts and browse some profiles and their workouts. Specially some pro accounts got ALOT of self created workouts. When you get started you will find out what you like ansld what you can handle.

5 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:29pm
via Android

Thanks. It seems to me that the exercise are too fast to get a real gain. I mean a push up in 30 secs in my opinioncannot help to burn fat e built muscles. In 30 secs with my condition i can make 5 barely 6 no more so i am wondering if workout trainers will actually help to lose weight :-) at least for me

2 Posts
Jan 10, 2014 2:43pm
via Android

Hey. Its difficult at first getting used to exercise, especially because theres so many workouts on here. Maybe check out some of the beginner programs and courses if you're going to turn pro. You need to know what to do properly and make sure your form is correct, otherwise we can do damage to ourselves that sets us back even further. Have a look at some of the 'stretching' routines and always do a warmup before hitting a full session. Also get on youtube and have a look for beginner level workouts, theres tons of stuff on there from cardio, body strength exercises and weight training. Best of luck. Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you need to know more or want a bit of inspiration. J

1 Post
Jan 10, 2014 2:55pm
via Android

Even 5 or 6 press ups with proper form will build muscle, and muscle burns fat. So you're helping yourself even though it doesn't seem like it.

The most important thing is that you stick at it. You won't see instant results, it will take several weeks before you really notice a change. But don't get despondent or give up. You'll soon feel fitter, stronger and happier in yourself and people will perceive confidence in you. Every little bit of exercise, even the short, sharp sessions here will help your over all health. Stick at it and, above all else, have fun.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51