Does anyone else use a personal trainer at the gym?

22 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 7:29pm
via Android

I just started paying for a personal trainer once a week at the gym! I'm curious to see how many others have a PT, how long they have been with them, and if they have seen good results?!

28 Feb
Ahh, look at you, you dont need a pt
28 Feb
Haha thank you! But I do need one to keep me motivated and going because I always want to stop!:/
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 7:36pm
via Android

I use one also....myself haha :)

28 Feb
Hopefully some day I'll work up to that point!(:
28 Feb
You will :) I just became a personal trainer so I got a little jump start.
28 Feb
And are you enjoying it? Did you go to school for it? Mine said he likes what he does but its hard for him to live because he doesn't make much unless he does private sessions.
28 Feb
I did enjoy it yes. And I made pretty good money. I got certified online through ISSA. I'm not a trainer anymore I train people (friends) on my own time for free.
28 Feb
Wow thats pretty sweet of you! Wish you lived here! Hah
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 7:41pm
via iOS
No I don't use one, I used to have a trainer as a teenager when I competed but now I'm (much) older I just like to read up on workouts and training regimes. PT's are just like anyone.. Some are excellent, some are terrible! Good luck with yours I'm sure they're great !
28 Feb
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I know they're just like anyone else. I feel like I'm basically paying for someone just to push me through the work out and to not give up! But sometimes thats all I really need! (:
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 7:50pm
via iOS
That's why Skimble needs to get some voice overs from Mr T !!!!
28 Feb
Hahahaha!! Ive met him before in California!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 7:52pm
via iOS
He'd be excellent !!! "KEEP GOING FOOL !!"
28 Feb
LOL. Well my PT is a big black guy, so the only difference is he doesn't say fool!!:p
01 Mar
Does he have a fro-hawk, awesome beard and gold chains?
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 7:59pm
via iOS
Hey ! You're the one paying.. Get him to say it !! 
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 8:24pm
via Android

Internet is my Personal Trainer!

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 11:35pm
via iOS
Hell nawl its like 100+ a session
01 Mar
Mine is only $25!(:
01 Mar
Lucky ,then my school must be scamming people here then
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 11:44pm
via Android

Yea his name is greg. He always tells me to keep goin and 2 tighten my core

01 Mar
Mine is named Elijah and he does the same thing haha and I do that and then he tells me to not forget to breathe!!! Lmfao!
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 1:38am
via Android

Yeah, but my last personal trainer looked a lot like you and I don't think I got much accomplished! :p lol

01 Mar
Hahahah thanks?! (;
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 2:16am
via Android

I do

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 6:13am
via Android

You have a PT? Have you seen your pictures? Obviously whatever you're doing is working for you - you've got the nicest body i've seen on a white girl

01 Mar
Hahahah uhmmmm thanks!(: *blushes*
02 Mar
You like that comment huh? You should see the private message I sent you
Image_thumb
108 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 8:15am
via Android

My friends is a nutritionist/ trainer so I get good help.

01 Mar
Lucky you!!!:/
01 Mar
I still had to give him some money but its worth it, I m seeing good results.
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 2, 2014 2:11pm
via Android

I wouldn't why pay someone to tell you to workout when only you can make that happen. Just find some real motivation and you won't need a trainer

07 Mar
To get a good structured workout and nutrition plan is worth it when you have no experience, time or knowledge to create one. There is more to it then just some yelling in a gym.
04 Apr
Its not about the motivation. Its about having someone there that knows more about the equipment and how to use it and different workouts. Before I started training literally all I knew about was how to do crunches jumping jacks and cardio machines. The one weight machine I knew how to use was a leg press lmfao. So for me is more about general education on machines!
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Mar 7, 2014 1:01am
via Android

Idk how but greg always knows wen im not breathin cuz he says it @ right spot in the workout.

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Mar 9, 2014 9:43pm
via Android

I don't have one but I always wanted one, to see how well it would work out. How well is it going with your pt and do you recommend one?

Looks like it's going well for you because you're looking great.

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Mar 9, 2014 10:25pm
via Android

Never used a personal trainer. I'm going to be a personal trainer hopefully by the end of summer. I always workout with people that'll push me. I know a lot of what I'm doing so I just keep trying different things... People come up to me and ask me for help at the gym. It's fun.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 2, 2014 11:50pm
via Android

Image_thumb
88 Posts
Apr 3, 2014 12:14am
via Android

You can pushed your own self stay focused and set a goal save your money

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
May 1, 2014 1:29am
via Android

I had a PT that I worked with for about a year and a half. She was awesome. Being a woman herself, she has knowledge in shaping an amazing physique. I worked out with her 6 x 's a month. We mainly focused on interval training, pylometrics and cardio (some weight lifting). I lost a total of 70 lbs while I trained with her in less than a year. Every month that we did an evaluation she would see where I lost the most and see where I didn't and  she would alter the workouts. She also really helped me with nutrition and give me special diets to follow. I highly recommend getting a trainer that will TRAIN you and push you without being too harsh. And that is knowledgeable. Good luck :)

Image_thumb
117 Posts
May 7, 2014 3:13am
via Android

I just got one even though I don't go to the gym

Image_thumb
51 Posts
May 7, 2014 3:22am
via Android

I dont use it at gym but after the gym I work out for about an extra 30 min with it

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51