Right Arm Stronger

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 9, 2014 11:08pm
via Android

My right bicep is larger then my left bicep. I've been working out my left bicep more aggressively and continue with the same weight on my right.For some odd reason my right continues to grow with my left but my right remains the same. Should I lift less weight more reps until muscle failure in my left bicep, and continue the beginning portion of my bicep workout the same for both biceps?

Image_thumb
612 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 6:56am
via Android

It is a common problem.  One that I have also.  My left bicep and muscles in general are bulkier than those in the right.  It is due to your stronger side having more densely packed muscle fibres and hence smaller size than your weaker side. 
I actively do reps and sets by using my weak side to determine the max level.  That way my weak side is always worked hard while my strong side is not.  Over time I hope this will address the size/strength imbalance.  Dumbells are the best for doing this

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 8:39am
via iOS
Had the same problem when I first started. I didn't do anything special about the problem and it has almost equalt itself out now. :)
Image_thumb
222 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 10:23am
via Android

Using dumbbells will help by doing equal weight and set/reps on both sides. Hammer strength machines help in this area also.

Image_thumb
151 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 4:54pm
via iOS
Giggity

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51