Workout for people with rotator cuff tear

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
May 1, 2014 10:25am
via Android

Hi everyone. I just tore my rotator cuff last march i went through couple of therapy sessions. Doc said not to workout for 2-3 mos. But just to keep my heart pumping and not feeling lazy, can you guys suggest workouts or simple exercises that wouldnt compromise my injury? Thanks!

01 May
Just try to work your lower body, legs and core
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
May 1, 2014 11:21am
via Android

Thanks great idea...

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
May 1, 2014 12:33pm
via Android

Walks and sauna visits. Sauna helps the body to produce growth hormone which will aid in healing process. And walks for an easy to do workout.

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
May 1, 2014 12:36pm
via Android

Wow i didnt know sauna has that kind of health benefit

Image_thumb
139 Posts
May 3, 2014 12:57am
via Android

Like Jonathan said work on cardio, core and legs.   When you say last March,  do you mean 2013.  If so you are more than a year out and should be okay for any strengthening exercises, just don't go too heavy with any over head(lat pull downs, shld press) or pushing exercise(chest press or flies).   If you mean this March 2014, I'd go back and talk to your PT or MD about what post op protocol they follow as it can depend on the tear, repair and what else may have been done during surgery(biceps involvement , bone spur, decompression , etc)

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
May 3, 2014 5:07am
via Android

Thanks alot. I actually meant march 2014. Surgery would be considered after i finished 3 more therapy sessions. So far it feels alot better to the point that you think you can do weightlifting already (but i dont). What worries me is that i think im losing weight. Muscles are getting smaller i think. If i do cardio or running, i might lose some more weight.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51