Skinny to fit

4 posts | Original | Recent
51 Posts
Jul 13, 2014 5:41pm
via Android

Im considered quite skinny now and im trying to eat alot . but the foods I ate are as clean as possible. What I noticed is that my tummy is getting bigger than usual. And im still not gaining any meatfor the other parts of my body. I cant convert to muscle if I dont have fats , right? Or am I wrong .. can anyone tell me how a skinny person should bulk efficiently ? Im seeing no progress going to the gym for so long and just staying skinny :(

211 Posts
Jul 17, 2014 4:29pm

You're wrong - you don't need fat (or to have fat) to get muscles. Muscles grow when you're using them and feed them with protein and carbs.

What kind of exercises are you doing? How long, how often?

19 Jul
Im doing weight lifting and minimum 3x a week. If I have time , I do more. Ive been doing for a year now and yes , I notice muscles are growing but really slow but I stil look really tiny in general /.\ should I take supplements?
211 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 3:11pm

I don't advise supplements, but thats part of my beliefs. Best always is to eat healthy, much protein, some carbs and good fat, a lot of vegetables and fruits.
Are you eating enough? Maybe you also burn too much - did you ever check your thyroid?

It seems your body doesn't have the genes to get beefy. You can tone your body of course, change exercises and weights, care for every part of your body. Muscles get used to same kind of exercises, you gotta push them with new experiences.

And do you know what? Be happy you're skinny. Many will envy you;-)

20 Jul
I didnt restrict what and how often I eat. Of course as healthy as possible. I used to be fat, really really fat and then I did too much cardio until im skinny, and now I cant seem to get fat anymore. anyway , thx for ur advice ! :)
260 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 5:40pm
via Android

Set a weight about 10 more then your present weight u will Need about3/4 to 1 gram of protein per lb. Get 8 hours of sleep, do weights squats,bench press, keep it one hour or less work out to gain weight when starting out 3 days a week don't over do cardio,as u gain muscle your workout will not use soy protein

20 Jul
I did those workouts though. Which should I go for , more reps with less weight of just few rep with really heavy one? Like I can deadlift 40kg for max 3 reps or should I do 30kg with 8-10 reps?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51