Building calf muscles

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 8:49pm
via Android

Hello, I have slender calfs muscles which look odd against my more muscular hams and quad muscles. I'm looking for effective exercises without weights or gym equipment that build calf muscles. (not looking for quick fixes)

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 8:57pm
via Android

I would recommend cycling.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 14, 2014 9:01pm
via Android

Calf raises are always reliable. You stand on your toes and hold for 2 seconds. Go to failure once everyday.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 9:11pm
via Android

Oh dear I hate cycling I don't hve the endurance it requires, but I'll give it another go

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 9:12pm
via Android

I shall give this a go too thanks

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 10:07pm
via Android

Like with everything, once you start doing it more often you'll become better at it. And you'll be surprise how quickly your endurance will improve.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 15, 2014 5:26am
via Android

ONE of my fave exercises works my calves. I stand on a step with my heels off the edge. Drop your heals all the way down slowly to stretch them out a few times. Then push up on your tippy toes tensing your whole legs and butt. Then go back down. I do about 150 of those a day but when I first started doing them I did 50 and my calves were burning and so sore the next day! But they def work. You can play around doing them fast and slow, and how far down you go stretching out your calves before you go back up. Try not to bounce tho! Use your muscles!

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 15, 2014 5:33am
via Android

These sound like fun exercises I shall definitely give them a go. Thank you

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51