Inner Pecs

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 20, 2014 7:27pm
via Android

I'm trying to add mass to my,inner specs as there isn't much definition there, but my outer specs are fairly developed. I've tried benching with a close grip before without any real results. Any suggestions?

Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 9:06pm
via Android

If you go to a gym look for a incline bench press or an incline bench press machine. If you workout at home diamond pushups will yield good results

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 10:10pm
via Android

The muscle fibers in pecs are horizontal. Every chest exercise works the "inner" and "outer" pec, equally as you can't activate one without the other. The way the pec is designed is that the outside is always bigger than the outside and depending on your genetics this may be more or less extreme. It is however possible to stress the "upper", "middle", and "lower" pec . I recommend you do incline press for upper pec. Standard bench press & dumbbell press for middle. Bent over dips for lower pec. Cable crossovers are also great for the chest. Your "inner" pec will develop over time as you bulk up.

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Aug 20, 2014 10:11pm
via Android

Oh and, close grip bench press and diamond pushups put more stress on your triceps not your chest. Wide grip is always the way to go for chest building.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Aug 21, 2014 1:04am
via Android

The closer your hands are together, the more you work your triceps, and less pectoral muscles. Best chest exercises I think are decline press and reverse grip bench press

Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Aug 21, 2014 2:51am
via Android

Just because your stressing something more doesn't mean its not working anything else diamond pushups cause a tight close flex on the pecs and cause the inner muscles to be worked. Its like how most back exercises work biceps also. Diamonds can be used for inner muscle definition.

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Aug 21, 2014 2:59am
via Android

Close grip/diamond pushups just squishes your pecs together and gives the illusion of working the inside. Pecs are unique and like I said before can't be stressed inner/outer, only upper/mid/lower. Feel free to look it up.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51