Jump Higher

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 5:34am
via Android

For anyone out there who can answer, I unfortunately have a bad knee(and have had for a number of years). I really want to be able to jump maybe...five inches higher so I can dunk a basketball. I'm 5'10 and can just touch the rim but with my messed up knee every time I exercise my legs I'm literally hobbling(I'm talking my great, great grandmother(who BTW can't walk!) type of hobbling) for the next couple of days. What makes it worse is since I'm left-handed I jump off my right leg, which just so happens to be in control of my severely disobedient knee. So basically my question is, are there any "stress free" legs exercises that can make you jump higher?(I say "stress free" because I know any workout that actually works will never be completely that) Sorry for all the parenthesis(its how I do things).

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 6:21am
via Android

Do u have a bball rim?

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 1:50pm
via Android

I have a 9'6 rim which I can dunk on. But whenever I play at a 10' rim somewhere else that's where I would like to be able to dunk.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 4:17pm
via Android

Sorry I forgot to mention that I was doing water exercises in my pool for my legs. But now that my pool water is like forty-five degrees colder I'm not able to do them anymore...

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 6:35pm
via Android

I think you should go to a doctor to fix your knees then you will be able to do what you want. If I were you I wouldn't take a word except from a doctor. You may need to do an MRI. Trust me it's important to let an expert examine you !! Hope you the best.

23 Sep
OK thanks for the advice, I'll do that.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51