Clicking noises when I do squats?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
171 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 2:24pm
via Android

My legs(mostly the right one) make these "clicking"/cracking noises when I do squats? I'm wondering why

06 Oct
Your stance probably isn't correct. Make sure feet are directly under shoulders and when you squat, knees over toes
06 Oct
Where exactly is the clicking coming from? Ankle? Knee? Hip? It may indicate an injury or something out of place. Examine your stance; if you're sure you're using the correct stance and posture, but the clicking persists, then it's time to go to the doctor. Even if it's not painful right now, it could get that way if something is wrong and you ignore it. And maybe it's nothing, but better safe than sorry.
06 Oct
On few occasions, I observed the same. So I tried to correct my stance. And, voila
06 Oct
It seems to come from my knees, doesn't hurt. I find it hard knowing if I'm doing it correctly, but I think I am. I kinda just thought it's because my body isn't used to doing this type of work out
08 Oct
Drink lots of water and flush those toxins out and take a glucosamine to help with joints. I have the same problem with everything but I have had so many injuries in the past that it's brutal. Some stances work better sometimes but just make sure you're not putting too much pressure on the joint and work your way up slowly and you'll be just fine
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 2:53pm
via Android

Where in the legs? Knees?

06 Oct
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 3:22pm
via Android

See a chiropractor he will crack and realign which ever joint/muscle it is...

Not sure where you are but in the UK private chiropractors do this sort of thing for £30 a visit so should be cheaper in USA and usually gives you some exercises for the problem.

I get a clicking occasionally in my knee and shoulder which is sorted...does hurt much more of a reliving pain...a friend see one for neck click and he looks like hes break his neck and the click sounds bad butmy friend loves it

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 3:45pm
via Android

My advice is to get your knees looked at. I'm not a doctor but I've had countless knee injuries, from removing all cartlidges in both knees to torn ligaments. Like one of the other members said in their post, better safe than sorry. Let me know how it goes if you do get it checked.

06 Oct
Ok thank you. I'll get it looked at
06 Oct
It's your joints
Image_thumb
171 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 7:28pm
via Android

Should I refrain from working out until I get it checked out?

06 Oct
Idk my bones/joints always Crack n creek and I'm x 75!! Idk I just ignore it! It happens when I just stand and start walking, when I stretch my hands.. always! I shud worry??
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 5:20am
via Android

In my view, and for now at least, lay off the exercises which add stress to the knees until you get it checked

08 Oct
Ok I will. Thanks for your help :)
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 10:59pm
via Android

It could be patellar tracking disorder.  Which is pretty much the knee cap not following the correct path.  I actually use to have the same issue and it can easily be fixed through strengthening around the knee.  That being said I'd get it looked at.  Hope it's alright!

08 Oct
Wouldn't I have pain then? Either way I'm getting it checked! Thanks
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 3:40am
via Android

Silje, I would get it checked. I have the same problem and I ignored it for awhile but as I increased my workouts I started to feel pain. My friend who's a nurse said I should get it checked because I probably either tore something or popped something out of place. Seeing the doctor Thursday.

08 Oct
I'm getting it checked next week. I would appreciate if you let me know if the doctor find anything. Hope it's nothing serious.
08 Oct
Finds*
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 10:10pm
via Android

Same to you too  =)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51