Running barefoot, anyone?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 2:48pm
via iOS
Anyone else like to run barefoot?... I get the weirdest looks but I love it lol. It feels much more natural. I'm not sure if there's any health benefits to it, though
05 Nov
I do that a lot
05 Nov
Well there really are no health benefits from what I know but that would only make you feet more rough a good solution for people that like running with there bear feet would be to buy skeletoes shoes the feel like if you had nothing on. I use them and there awesome highly recommend.
05 Nov
I bought Vivobarefoot shoes because I would be willing to go out in socks if that was socially acceptable. One of my best investments as of yet, even my mom has turned into a fan :)
05 Nov
I do all my exercise in my vibram five fingers running. insanity and weight lifting
06 Nov
Where exactly do you go running barefoot?
Img_5448_thumb
376 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 7:03pm

Yeah, Makayla... I do all my training in barefoot trainers, Vibrams KSO. All martial arts barefoot. It's the much more natural way to move. 

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 10:58pm
via Android

Running barefoot can damage your feet. The way your foot lands on the ground its the equivalent of stomping with twice your body weight.

06 Nov
But people ran barefoot for thousands of years without damage :) After running barefoot for a while your foot will adapt and land in the right spot to avoid hurting
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 12:44am
via Android

If it's on grass I'm all about it otherwise it's a bit to risky for me

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 12:46am
via Android

Really you get ten times your weight running barefoot,I have small arches and almost crippled if i dont support my feet,hips can get problems also,but sayin that its a nice feelin running barefoot,heels are out too

Img_5448_thumb
376 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 5:31am

Yes, you do have to adapt to a different style of running with the minimalist shoe... The heel to toe strike won't do. You will get hurt. Once you've gotten that down though, the benefits of barefoot training are too many for me to cite in these few lines.

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 5:43am
via Android

I should invest in barefoot shoes. I love walking around bare foot. It grosses people out.

Image_thumb
77 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 12:13pm
via Android

Yes is ok but it depends were u run like the road it might damage your feet

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 6, 2014 12:35pm
via Android

I have a flatfoot and i play a game where we run barefoot all the time sometimes even on a rough land
Its healthier
Hola from Egypt

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 12:38pm
via Android

Check "Born to run". A great book that will give you inspiration in this regard.

07 Nov
Yeah Eat and Run with Scott Jurek is gr8 too.He is a awesome runner
Nov 6, 2014 6:19pm
via Android

Love barefoot (no minimalistic shoes, just barefoot), but had to learn the toes to heel landing. "Born to Run" is such an inspiration! I don't run much though.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51