Best exercises to lose weight?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 7:33am
via Android

Hi, i started "working out" 1 week ago and i know it is really damn early to complain about progress, and won't do it, just to ask for tips..
I am doing 35 min fast walk(around 4km(started with 30min)) and a set of exercises i compose myself that mostly consists on planks,squats, pushups against wall and sit on wall(18 min total); with all that i've been able to lose 3kg so far, however want to know if this "set of exercise" is good or should i use some other kind, and if so which?
I know there isn't a magic formula nor tricks, just want know if i should or should not change something.
Ty for the answers since now

21 Nov
Try taking your walks in the morning on empty stomach and for thirty minutes, add a 20 min hiit session in the evening and stop tracking your progress by scales measures your body fat or keep a picture diary works better
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 7:44am
via Android

3 kgs in just one week is a huge progress, but I agree with Raja. Throw out the scales and use a measuring tape instead. Muscles are heavier than fat, but if you measure for instance your waist you'll see progress. A picture diary can also be a good idea. Take pictures and measures once a week, under the same conditions ie same time of day, place, light etc.

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 8:10am
via Android

I already do both in the morning right after waking up, however photos atm will be near useless since i am overweight and can't really see any muscle/less fat from one day to another, perphaps once a week could work, and 20 min sesion of what exactly? Cuz the morning exercise help me to keep awake the whole day, at night not sure since never really exercised at night :x but ty for the response

21 Nov
Don't measure and weigh everyday. Your weight goes up and down and there's a much larger risk that you feel discouraged. Once a week is always recommended, that way you can actually see a difference instead of comparing on a day to day basis. As for pictures, if you lose weight every week you will most definitely see the difference in pictures taken once a week. Imagine how fulfilling it will be to look at a picture from today in three months!
21 Nov
Weekly or monthly picture diary will help, you won't notice the changes from day to day trust me no one does but a lot can happen in a month with the right program and motivation :) my weight goes up down 2-3 kgs over a course of day which is basically water weight which fluctuates so scales are pretty useless
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 2:40pm
via iOS
Raja is right walking or workouts in the morning will def help with weight loss exercise on an empty stomach will make your body start burning excess fat and fluid for energy, the down side is muscle growth won't be that awesome but hey it sounds like you want the weight loss and cardio 1st anyway. Interval and tabata training work great and there's some great ones in this app, don't be discouraged if you can't do all the exercises in every workout, just do something similar in place of it, the main thing is keeping time, and keeping good form in your core. Happy hunting champ! 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51