Abdominal fat

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 22, 2014 3:30pm
via Android

How to loose abnormal abdominal fat by not loosing weight in rest of the body? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

22 Nov
Hi, i am sorry to tell you but you just can't lose fat in just some parts of the body.:-) when you are going to slim out then you will lose fat everywhere,including body fat. Anyway, i suggest you to eat as much green/natural/non-processed food as possible. The abs are made in the kitchen,right? ;-)
22 Nov
Thank you, Roxanna. So far the abs were made in the kitchen :P. Is there a workout you recommend ? Mix of cardio and yoga?
22 Nov
Do not do sit ups, crunches or any other an workout until you have a flat stomach. DO NOT!
22 Nov
Avani, Thanks. what do you recommend?
23 Nov
Srinivas, I have commented down, have a look and you'll find your answer!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 2:47am
via Android

While it might appear that the most fat is in your belly when you have a pot belly. It doesn't necessarily mean that its affecting only your belly, in my opinion its affecting your whole body doesn't matter if only the belly is most noticeable. I'm having somewhat a same problem, not a huge belly but I'm getting really out of shape. What I like to do is go on morning jogs (beginner running workout) every morning and I do "lose that fat" workout in the evening, every alternative day.

Bottom line: working on your whole body is the best solution. Crunches and other abs intensive exercises should be avoided as suggested by others.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 23, 2014 6:37am
via Android

But why should you avoid crunches etc? A strong core is one of the most important things.

23 Nov
No clue. Some forums say not to do the crunches and sit ups. Some say that's important to loose abdominal fat. I'm confused.
23 Nov
They mean don't do crunches and you'll lose abdominal fat? That sounds as unreasonable as doing only crunches to lose abdominal fat.
23 Nov
Doing crunches and sit ups is useless if u don't have a flat stomach. Crunches and sit ups help in making abs and toning only if u have a flat stomach or a small pooch in ur lower abs. Where as if you do crunches and u have a layer of fat then the abs will be formed underneath that layer of fat and the abs won't show, in fact they will make your stomach look bulkier. And srininvas, you cannot spot reduce only one part of your body. I think cardio would help you burn fat overall and eventually...
23 Nov
Avani, having muscles is important even if it doesn't show on the outside. Core muscles are the most important for having a strong body. This way it cannot be "useless" to do crunches. Focusing on only doing like a hundred crunches a day and thinking one might build a six-pack that way, yes, but totally useless absolutely not.
23 Nov
Ohk, Anna! My point was to say, that don't just do crunches and expect abs

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51