Gloves for plank?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 1, 2014 1:18pm
via Android

Since i started "working out" i've been doing at least 1 min of plank but now when i go over 3 min or so the lower part/bone of the hand starts to hurt,even if i do 1min at time with another exercise between them that do not require any use of the hands at all...so a glove would help this problem?And since i'm already at this, there is any other equipment(preferably cheap and small), that helps working out?
Tyvm since now

01 Dec
Try elbow plank?
01 Dec
You should not be planking for that long. If you do a good, solid plank you only need 30 seconds to a minute. You should feel it in your whole body.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Dec 1, 2014 5:51pm
via Android

Try doing on your fists?  Or switching between... That's what i do

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 6:52am
via Android

I do elbow plank but it seems to hurt even more the elbow than the hand, might be cuz of the floor or somekind of imperfection the floor ,idk, i usually try doing planks with 1-2.30min interval between them doing other stuff that do not require the hands, but it doesnt really work 100% time xD that is why i thought about the gloves,have a "softier" "floor"

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 6:54am
via Android

Switching might help since it gives a bigger interval and i also have some trouble doing with fists, even more cuz it seems harder to balance with them e.e ty

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 6:55am
via Android

I use yoga gloves. They help a lot!

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 7:16am
via Android

Hmm ty,was thinking some kind of fighting glove since they have some kinda of cushion or pillow in them so the hands don't get hurt(fast)

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 7:57am
via Android

Wrist straps or weight lifting gloves with wrist straps like I use I will upload a pic tomorrow so u know what to look for. I had the same problem awhile ago. Was doing like 3 mins and then my hands and wrist sort of hurt. But now 5 mins no problem.

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 3:51pm
via Android

I have the same problem. I place my hand on a pair of rubber flipflops/slippers especially during side planks and it eases some pressure.

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Dec 5, 2014 11:08am
via Android

Try doing it on a thick yoga mat or some other rubber item (flip flops...)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51