Insanity?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 9, 2014 7:03pm
via Android

Have you or anyone you know done the insanity program? How well does it work? Do I need any free weights? What is the impact to the ankles and knees? I am only asking because I was thinking of starting this and would like to know if it is worth it. I am currently about 243 lbs and i want to lose like 50 lbs, but I need to know how it will effect my ankles cause I have a subtalar fushion. Any advice on this would help, and if you have a different program that you think would be better I am open to suggestions....

09 Dec
I've done the insanity program. You don't need any equipment. It does take an hour to an hour and a half for each workout. The program works, but if you want the best results, make sure you use the nutritional plan also.
09 Dec
Also, not sure about ankles, but it is hard on your knees. There is a lot of jumping and squats. Just use good form and it should be ok.
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Dec 9, 2014 7:49pm
via Android

I've done it twice. This year's summer and last's. And I gotta say that it has been amazing. It has make me lose a lot of weight, I truly recommend it. The only bad thing is that is REALLY EXHAUSTING, hence you have to do it every single day but Sundays. And it should also contain some sort of modified way to do the exercises so you don't eventually get a heart-stop.

For the rest, it's good. Do it!

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Dec 9, 2014 7:51pm
via Android

I've had a couple of friends do that program when they want to shred fat. I can vouch for the program cause I've seen the results when done consistently with good eating habbits.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51