4 posts | Original | Recent
55 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 12:13pm
via iOS
I'm a pretty curvey girl but when I do a bunch of cardio I feel I loose a bunch of the curves which I guess because it's mainly fat... is there certain exercises I can do besides squats to keep my curves and loose weight
15 Jan
Yeah your curvy dang
15 Jan
Cut the cardio down to once or twice a week, and lift! Add weights to your squats and lunges as well.
19 Jan
Bone structure and genetic predisposition have a lot to do with it as well. Abductions (hope I have the right one there) can help shape and tone the outer thighs and hips.
4 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 1:27pm
via iOS
You do not lose your curves by losing fat, in fact it is opposite: more fat you have rounder body you will have. I would recommend exercises focusing on your gluteal muscles.
96 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 4:15pm

That's a tough question to answer. Do you have a preconceived idea of what you want to look like when you've reached your goal? One of the most difficult things I've had to deal with in my fitness journey is learning how to love my body. I have finally come to terms with the fact that I won't look EXACTLY like the image I had in my mind. I realized that my fitness is about becoming the best version of ME. Not trying really hard to make me look like someone else.

So you love your curves, that's fantastic! Just hold on to the fact that there is nobody else in the world like YOU so no matter what, make sure you still love you (no matter the changes) as you progress through your own fitness journey.

15 Jan
I love my curves
15 Jan
But when I do a bunch of cardio I loose my butt
15 Jan
To keep or shape the butt it's squats and lunges. But (no pun intended) if you want to reduce the number of reps, then add weight. I think you'll be surprised at how quickly you see results.
15 Jan
Great answer Jason. My fiancée does a LOT of squats, but a couple of days ago I persuaded her to go 20lbs heavier with the dumbbells when doing lunges with me & we dropped the reps to 6.. She's still sore today : )
16 Jan
It's almost counter-intuitive isn't it Scotty? To think that doing LESS reps will actually help you build faster. But it works beautifully!
56 Posts
Jan 18, 2015 3:18pm
via iOS
I know what you mean.  I'm a curvy girl too and I'm keeping my curves.  I use weights.  Love to squat.  I do cardio at night as it helps me sleep but not to the extent of breaking the body down and yoga.  I am lean.  I have muscle and I have curves
15 Feb
And you are beautiful :-)
19 Feb
Thankyou wing :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51