Hurting knee

4 posts | Original | Recent
4 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 9:29am
via Android

I was there any workout that I shouldn't do cause of my knee.? I was at doctors and they said it's an old injury and I should rest. But I can't rest cause I'm volunteer firefighter and I'm constantly moving

1 Post
Feb 3, 2015 9:57am
via Android

depends on the type of injury ^^, try to avoid overexertion that can overload the affected leg. However unless it's something serious I think you can do more or less everything, recalling that "in medio stat virtus" (virtue is in the middle). However this is simply my opinion!

5 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 11:08am
via Android

I would say do something low impact cardio wise ( bike, the eliptical,  walking)  and stretch.  Research knee strengthening exercises. If a exercise hurts your knee STOP. Once you build up the muscles around the knee, you should be good to do any and everything.  I use to suffer from knee pain for a injury while running.  ☺ it took time but I got better. These are only suggestions and you should still follow the guild lines of your doctor. Hope this helped!

03 Feb
Good advice. Tnx.! ;)
342 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 1:19pm
via Android

I am going to speak from experience! Listen to your doctor, if there telling you to rest it, it's for a reason! When it starts to feel better they should be giving you the ideas of what to do to strengthen it! They know you best!
Good luck! ☺

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51