How to focus on a muscle properly???

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Feb 10, 2015 7:21pm
via iOS
If I wanted to focus on muscles for example triceps and abs, would I still do exercises for the other muscles to keep their shape or just completely focus on the chosen muscles.
Please help, I want to improve!
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 10, 2015 7:43pm
via iOS
Try focusing on target muscles every other workout. Then workout other muscle groups on the days between. Allowing the target muscles to recover is very important too. For example: with a 5 day schedule, do target groups M,W,F. Then work other groups T, TH.
10 Feb
Ok so for example Monday: all abs Tuesday: all triceps Wednesday:back and bicep Thursday:pecs and legs?
10 Feb
Yeah, that sounds like a well rounded plan. I've found that if I hit a target group day after day it's easier to lose motivation. So mixing it up like that keeps me from wanting to skip a day because I'm over-tired.
10 Feb
Ok will mix it up abit more next week
10 Feb
How long is reasonable for an intense workout 45 mins??? 60?
10 Feb
Oh yeah. Even just having your heart rate up that long really kicks your metabolism into high gear. Sometimes when targeting muscles like that I'll make my off day workouts shorter just so I will have energy for what I'm working on the next day. But that's totally up to you.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51