Lose weight and fats

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 2:14am
via Android

I wana lose most of my weight and body fat specialy from belly and theighs :( what should.i do i already jog 40 mins a day contineously from almost 6 days but no progress at all

18 Feb
Calories or food intake has to be less than that which we sweat off. Healthy meals. Sometimes body composition is different and you have to exercise more, rigorously. Try detox too.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 4:58am
via Android

Ok then can u tell me how much calories i should take or what kind of f00d i should eat cox i really wama get rid of my fats ...

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 4:16pm
via Android

You need to do some googling. :) Calorie intake depends on your age, size, activity level etc. There are counters on the Internet that tell you how much calories your body burns per day (it's called basal something that I can't remember now) and from there you can decide how many calories you should eat to lose weight.
But general advice is cut down on carbs, avoid sugar, white flour, soda and fast food. Eat lots of vegetables and healthy fats. There are as many opinions on what healthy eating is as there are people, but one rule of thumb is that what you eat should come straight from the source and not from a factory and be free from all kinds of additives.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 4:20pm
via Android

My cell says that i should intake 3450 cal per day n should burn 1450 per day as per my workout plan but instead i take max 1600 cal and burn 1300 cal today by doing heavy jog of 3.5 mile and walk of 4 mile n now m dam tired y is it so hard to burn cal while intake is so dam easy :(

18 Feb
Hey look at Scotty's post Calculating your calories, it might be of help. The thing is working out hard will make you hungry, so pairing a low calorie diet with hard exercise isn't the best idea. If I were you I'd keep my calorie intake just a bit below TDEE (check Scotty's post) and start weight training. Build muscle, boost metabolism, lose fat. Cardio is great for weight-loss too, so keep on running! About seeing progress, it can take up to a month before you see visible results. Use a measuring tape to take a few measurements like waist, chest...
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 10:01pm
via Android

I really understand your frustration! But I seriously don't get the numbers you're posting:

1. 1600 cals per day is a very low intake. You're sure counting your calories right and complete? I definitely could not run for 1 1/2 hours with such low calories! If the numbers are right it may be that your body is already  in emergency mode. That means that your intake is way too low over a long period and your metabolism is set to a minimum. That means that you are on a low energy level (your body tries to burn as little as possible as it fears that it cannot get enough nutrition) and on the other hand tries to store (fat) as much as it can. That's actually the problem of all diets. This would be a reason why you feel tired after working out. Do you also feel cold often?
Long story short: definitely eat more, but lean. Proteins, veggies, and also some carbs (about 30%).

2.  Sorry bro, but I doubt your burning figure. Following a quick calculation, I'd say, you're burning MAX 900 cals with running and walking. Know that top athletes are able to burn about 750 cals per hour - and 99% of us do not fit in that category. Rule of thumb: really tough cardio (heart rate 170 and above) burns 600/hr, walking about 400 - or less! Don't trust the steps and calory calculator on your phone, that's more a (bad) guess. Don't trust most of the calories calculated by the heart rate monitors either, they are also sometimes set too high.

My suggestion: Keep your good work, eat a little more (I'd say a minimum of 2000 cals), keep running, and the results will come. But it may take some time.

And: as long as you're not losing, enjoy the health effect of your cardio - because at the end of the day it's not the 5 extra pounds that count, but the increase in fitness and the living of a long healthy life, isn't it?!

Best of luck!

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 1:48am
via Android

Ok i will look at his post ..... the thing is 2 months ago i had joined a jym n do belly exercise n most of muscle building and boody building exercises and i had seen results in a week but aftr 3 weeks i left it becox of my exams... and then i gain weight with like double speed and less time thing is i cannot be regular for jym but i can jog and do some normal exercise is'nt it enough

19 Feb
You don't need to join a gym for weight training. You can do it at home, either bodyweight exercises or with at home gym equipment like dumbbells, barbell and pull up bar.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 1:58am
via Android

Thanks alot i appreciate ur suggestions
I do feel much tired aftr jog and exercise even when i woke up at morning m much more tired and can't even move for a while...
Thing is i love spicy food alot i cannot eat less spices and i dnt eat fruits and vegetables i eat them one time in a week i knw its wrong i just dont have a better diet plan.
Can u give me a proper diet plan???
And second thing i knw burning cal is v v hard and difficult job but seriously iam doing v hard workout and joging from 3 days and yet i only burn 900 cal max i knw but its making me v much weak :( i dnt think with my diet i will b able to continue my joging and exercise

19 Feb
There's nothing wrong with eating spices, you don't have to quit that. Some spices are actually known to boost metabolism. It's really hard to give diet suggestions to someone living somewhere else in th world, because it's impossible to know what food culture you have, what foods are available to you etc. But you need to eat vegetables every single day, half your plate should be vegetables each meal. Eat vegetables, chicken, fish, meat, healthy fats like nuts and seeds, oils. It's not that hard, you eat homemade food and vegetables, that's it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51