5 posts | Original | Recent
55 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 4:45am
via iOS
I really want to build up my quads and my fav exercise is doing leg extensions I do about 6 reps of 120 then about 15 reps of 60 then about 6 - 10 reps with 80 on the leg extensions (which burns burns burns) but not sure what other exercises I can do that target my quads I know squats but what other good exercises are the best?
24 Feb
You can take the traktion every morning and drink the jus orange
24 Feb
25 Feb
821 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 6:37am
via Android

Here's a typical leg day routine for me. I'll warm up with leg extensions, 3 sets at about 75% intensity which is 160 lbs. Then I'll go barbell back squat. 6 sets, 15, 15, 12, 8, 8, 4. Leg press, same rep scheme but back up to 15 again. Leg extension superset, which is where I start to feel the most intense burn. Barbell back lunge, 3 sets 10 reps.  Hamstring curl superset. And then I will goblet squat with light weight to failure. End with a weighted wall sit. If you get thru this torture you will build some nice looking legs in no time.

24 Feb
I forgot to mention I do calve extensions in between all exercises.
24 Feb
What do you mean when you say go until failure ?
24 Feb
He means go till u can't do anymore. So instead of trying to reach a certain amount (number) just keep going to u can't anymore and u NEED a rest
132 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 9:38am
via iOS
U HAVE to try wall sits
Leg Day these should work
And also High Intensity Blast- this is great also for whole leg and fat loss along with quads.
Most importantly = WALL SITS
15 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 3:01pm
via iOS
Quads do take time, but there's plenty to do. You are already do leg curls and extensions, but you should also try leg press, squats (both body weight and weighted) sprints, go to be local track and run the stairs in the bleachers. 

Keep building up.  For weight workouts keep adding weight each day you do it. For stays and sprints add an extra lap each time. Switch, odd days weights, even days run. 

I do tons of lower body work outs all the time. If our looking for a partner let me know!  Good luck!
96 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 3:43pm

If you're looking to increase the size of your quads then you need to push harder. High reps with low weight is great for strength and endurance, but if you want more size then you should increase your weight to reduce your reps. 3-5 reps at a much higher weight will be just as difficult if not more, and as a result you will (with enough water and protein for recovery) increase the muslce size.

You may not be able to add enough weight to the leg extension machine to get you down to 3-5 reps. Barbell squats and the leg press machine are good alternatives. The barbell squats are your best bet because doing them correctly involves several muscle groups in addition to your quads. I could go on and on about the benefits of compound lifts, but that's for another topic.

So add more weight; do 3-5 reps; 3-5 sets. Good luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51