Can i start working out at the age of 15?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 3:03pm
via Android

I'm currently reaching 16 and I'm wondering am I too young to start working out? Like maybe I'm not yet full grown or some reasons like that, I'm afraid that some side effects might come out, I wanted to start because I want to get fit. Thanks guys

24 Feb
Hey, you can workout..i'm also 15 turning sixteen next month. And i also workout. And i'm fit. So don't worry
24 Feb
Im 13 and i.workout.
25 Feb
You can work out at any age, but weight training is were you got to worry. A young child doing weight training can cause a shorter height, bowed legs, and stunted growth. Regular cardio, and natural body weight strength training are okay at almost any age though.
26 Feb
Im 13 and working out and taking place in MMA you can and should start if that's how you feel
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 4:33pm
via Android

Of course you can

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 9:55pm
via Android

Thanks everyone

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 10:01pm
via Android

Yes u can..i have been workout for 2 years since 15..but,u must make sure note to get short by drinking some protien to build your muscles :)

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 24, 2015 10:14pm
via Android

Hello I am 11and trying to stay in shape

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Feb 25, 2015 12:09am

Sure. Just don't take heavy weights, bc your muscles, bones, fibres etc are still growin. Take light weights and do more reps, also do cardio. And don't workout everyday, give your body time to recover.

Warm-up before every workout and cool down and do stretching afterwards.

Think about your goals - what do you want?

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 25, 2015 5:05am
via Android

My goal is probably to just lose some weight and strengthen my arm, abdomen and core, sorry cz I don't know much about workout

25 Feb
Just dont go too heavy cuz it will also impede you from reaching ur max height. Also lighter weights = more reps. More reps= toned muscles
25 Feb
Thanks man, I appreciate it :)
25 Feb
How much wieght do you want to lose? You should be clear about your goals to know how to start. Is losing weight very important and more important than strenghten and toning?
26 Feb
Fitness blender on youtube is great, n do weight training it boost metabolism n great for any and all ages n will tone you!! :-)
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 11:12pm
via iOS
100% yes.     Go for it.  If you are need for workout ideas PM me.  I played sports my whole life and coaches had us in as early as 13.
Image_thumb
77 Posts
Mar 1, 2015 3:20am
via Android

Yes go ok

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 8:06pm
via Android

I am 12! LOL

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 10:55pm
via Android

I have always loved working out... I got hard core in it when I was 13!!! Plus y would they do gym in school otherwise... More teens should start working out n there would be less health problems in adults :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51