Tough Mudder - August 2015!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 1:21pm
via Android

Hey All! I just signed up for my 1st (maybe only) Tough Mudder and I'm so pumped! Anyone else here sign up this year or have done it in previous years?
I work out consistently and 3x a week with a personal trainer. My trainer will be doing it with me. Yet, I am a bit skeptical if I can actually finish the course.
Any tips on what I need to work on will be great!

08 Mar
You can download a training plan from tough mudders website...im booked in for August as well..but in UK.
08 Mar
Oh really? I need to check that out. That would be a perfect way to train on top of my regular training sessions. Thanks!
09 Mar
Tape ur shoes to ur feet lol I lost a shoe and couldn't run it so I walked it cuz its rocky and they gur :/
06 Jun
Im from South Africa and are doing the Warrior race. Very similar. I use gloves as all the ropework can be quite hard on your hands. Good luck and enjoy!
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 6:52pm
via Android

Did it last year and I managed to finish with a bad hip.  You can do it.  Do lots of running to prep and be ready to have your calves seize up at some point in the course if you don't cause damn them hills and ice water.  Most of all have fun, its an amazing experience

07 Mar
Where can u do this I live in colorado
08 Mar
Thanks for the tips! Really appreciate it :)
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 7:35pm
via Android

Do you mean where can you run?  I live in ontario and I just did the treadmill with a heavy incline.  Oh another thing to focus on is upper body.  For some of the obstacles this is key and i wont lie, i failed a couple of em for that reason.  Also, 90% of people don't even run the whole course.  I saw a lot of people walking in between obstacles.  You really get all sorts and its not a race.  You just do your best, help others, and finish and if you want to do better you give yourself things to improve and go again.

08 Mar
I'm in Ontario as well. Thanks so much for the pointers. I was looking at all the obstacles and most seem to need quite the upper body strength. That's probably my weakest area.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 7:37pm
via Android

Oh you probably mean where can you do a tough murders?  Check out their website (just Google tough mudders Colorado) and you can also check out the Spartan race as another similar event.  Im sure there would be one around you

Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 8, 2015 1:20am
via iOS
I've got a Foam Run in June, Mud Run in July, Spartan In August, and Dirty Donkey in September.  We'll see how they go.  Good luck!
08 Mar
Oh wow! U have busy athletic schedule...All the best to u! And thanks!
08 Mar
Thanks, we'll see how it goes!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51