Front squats and overhead presses

3 posts | Original | Recent
520 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 7:20am
via Android

Okay weird topic title but my question is that when should I do the front squat in my routine like after the back squat or before it or at the end of my program
Secondly I've coupled chest and shoulders together so when would you recommend I do the overhead press, immediately after the bench press or after I've worked my chest. Any input would be useful thanks :)

13 Mar
I would personally do the front squat after the back squat and I would do the overhead press after I bench. Why? Because the back squat and my bench are the 2 compound movements I'd want to go biggest on especially when attempting to add size.
1657 Posts
Mar 14, 2015 10:06pm
via iOS
An option is to mix up the sets and do a mixture of weighted squats so that it doesn't matter which order you do them in

For example: one day you could do 5 sets of 10 back squats, 4 sets of 10 front squats, 3 sets of 10 goblet squats, 2 sets of 10 dumbbell lunges.
The next time just start in a different order i.e. 5 sets of 10 front squats and finishing with 2 sets of back squats. 
15 Mar
Thanks I'll try that
1657 Posts
Mar 14, 2015 10:08pm
via iOS
For the boulders & chest, given you're talking about too compound movements I'd personally do them in a set fashion with 15-30secs between each exercise then a rest. Combining them will fatigue you quickly but it'll make sure you're getting a good pump of both exercises
15 Mar
So ill be doing both of them at the start of my workout? Going straight from benching to overhead press as done in a superset?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51