Pull me up!!

9 posts | Original | Recent
Mar 22, 2015 12:45am
via Android

Al Kavadlo Pull-up Build-up

I am determined to complete a true pull-up this year. Never been able to...I'm keeping a log of my progress; anyone else who shares this dream please join in

22 Mar
Now I'm not here to join your dream, I've already achieved my pull-ups, but I will do anything I can to help and get you started. Because I've been there once too. But it only takes a week or two to bust out of it and do ten pull-ups. Trust me, keep up the good work!
95 Posts
Mar 22, 2015 2:16am
via iOS
What are you journaling exactly?  How do you gauge whether you did a better job today than you did yesterday?  Pull-ups are hard, so good luck
22 Mar
Time/duration & reps my friend...I have yet to be a full fledged meat head ;)
22 Mar
ok. I thought maybe you set up a camera and measured your arm angle or something. That'd be tough to gauge! Good luck!
22 Mar
385 Posts
Mar 22, 2015 1:13pm
via Android

Good luck dude...I feel your pain!

22 Mar
Thanks, for years I'd just dangle off the bar kicking in the air until finally letting go... Enough!
22 Mar
Good luck! I've been working on my pull-ups too... it took me weeks just to be able to do one. I am up to 3 pull-ups at a time, and I do multiple reps each day to increase my strength (I have a pull-up bar in the doorway to my bathroom). It's challenging for women, but please don't give up on your goal! Pull-ups are a great way to keep and increase your upper body strength.
Mar 23, 2015 5:37pm
via Android

Chin up 10sec x2 40sec
L/R hang 60sec 3x
Knee raises 60sec 3x
Pull up none yet :( wah wah

23 Mar
Hello guys
24 Mar
Hullo! Are you in? Or just rooting like these nice ppl?
24 Mar
Bor hast du viel
Mar 24, 2015 5:30pm
via Android

Feeling kinda weak this afternoon, but it's b/c I did the ultimate fitness no no:half a muffin...tsk tsk
6 l-raises 2x
10 knee raises 2x
10sec hangs 4x
15 sec chin up 2x
10sec chin up 1x
5 sec chin up 2x
Pull up... Not yet

26 Mar
Rainy and under the weather today gonna get it next week fo sho
Mar 31, 2015 1:05am
via Android

L-raises 12x, 15x
Hangs: 60sec
Knee raises 12x,6x
Chin-up 10 sec, 15 sec, 10 sec, 16sec
Also a bee tried to lay claim to my jump rope--NOT today you 'lil bastard! ;)

99 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 5:23am
via Android

Im hoping to be able to do pull ups and dips too but dont know how to start. Its just so hard. Good luck!

31 Mar
Try the work out I posted or look up All Kevada vids or read his article on breakingmuscle.com his hilarious convict fitness plan is bare bones, but challenging
31 Mar
Kavaldo** such a difficult name
01 Apr
Thanks will check it out :)
13 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 2:56pm
via Android

There is a lot u can do to get there as well as gauge it...I once tried to train for 100 consecutive pull ups but I got sick of pull ups ... One of the best tools that helped me were resistance bands ...I used several different bands that offered different levels of resistance ...I cud keep track of progress by logging which band I used sets and reps ..I also worked forearms ,did bar hangs and inverted bar rows.. Among other things ..as I progressed I cud use less and less help with the bands ..after a pull up is accomplished then u can start adding ur reps ...y stop at 10 or 15 ? Y not 100?  I still love pull ups but I'm not obsessed with them anymore...good luck on ur goal ..u can do it :)

Apr 1, 2015 3:38am
via Android

Thanks to all you guys BTW :D

L raises 15, 12
Hangs 60sec
Knee raises 12, 6
Chin up 15, 16, 15, 10

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51