Best time to workout?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 26, 2015 4:13am
via Android

My gym is 24/7, and I prefer working out after 10pm because its more convenient. I was wondering if its better to work out at the beginning of the day, mid day, or in the evening, or if it even makes a difference.

26 Mar
I've heard it's good to workout before bed, it gets your body metabolising before you sleep (where it usually slows down)
26 Mar
And may I know where did you hear this?
26 Mar
Mate I try to smash out a workout in the morning at between 4 or 6am then head off to a landscaping gig all day. If I have energy of an evening I try to do some physical work around our property
26 Mar
That's what I do too, gym first thing in the morning
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 8:39am
via Android

During our daily activities we burn  calories even if you are resting,housework Etc . It's best to work out once u have had a good breakfast wait a while u want to warm up & why ppl often say workout in the am morning not 6 am but on a regular basis same time every day.In the morning u wont be as tired as if at10pm when u have burnt all the calories have a big dinner  then go work out a few hrs later.so no its not essential but its a personal preference.I think around 10 works for me but its dependent on your lifestyle & when u feel at your best physically otherwise ur results can be effected if your tired after working all day.
Drink water while u work out sips only.

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 8:53am
via Android

Consistency & dedication,fueling our body is the main things you need it wont matter what time of the day. As long as we are dedicated and fuel our bodies each day burn more calories than u eat . don't work out before bed its important to rest before bed to wind down let the body heal at night.The best thing i have learnt is to contract your ab muscle each rep over time it will get you a six pack in no time.Always eat breakfast it should have the highest quality goodness & calorie intake.Have a food diary it teaches u to understand what you are eating it prevents u from overeating.I wouldn't work out at night unless your lifestyle allows for you  to have enough energy sleep & excercise to do so.Of you sleep all dsy & have a night job then yes.But for most of us its not possible.The morning  is great cause your fully awake ready to take on the day its a great way to be motivated set a time you work out & stick to it. Remember it's not just working out we need to resting our muscles when we are sore & having a good nights sleep its very important stress & diet are huge factors as well as other jobs activities we enjoy & do regularly laughing burns cals,anything we do stretching and low impact walking watching tv & just keeping our bodies well and functioning our organs all ise calories.make it fun set goals,achieve them.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51