Men: gains!

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 12:43am
via Android

How many times do you men work out for gaining mass? I had someone tell me they are only supposed to work out once or twice... I think its laziness!! But there are some big men on here so I figured I'd ask someone who would know from experience at least what has worked for them.

25 Apr
Whoever told you this is either an idiot or has a serious medical condition
25 Apr
Hahaha scotty
Salman_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 1:31am
via iOS
3-4 times per week.  Everyday is not recommended, but it also depends on the body type.
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 2:02am
via Android

I've heard of guys working out 6 days a week, 2 hours a day. It all depends on how committed they are and how much they can handle, like their body type. A lot of body builders work out this much because they want gains fast. I've seen gains myself but I'm more laid back. I do simple exercises every day, with some harder workouts every few days. It takes time but if you're patient you'll see results.

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 2:18am
via Android

I just don't see anyone gaining very much if anything working out once or twice a week. Especially since this person isn't very active otherwise and doesn't watch what he eats at all. I have heard of people who want to build their muscles up eating a lot though.

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 4:29am
via Android

In my case, I work out 3 times a week...mondays, wednesdays, and fridays. I cant add more days because of school work. After 10 weeks I began working out though, I'm slowly starting to see changes. Just last week I finally began picking up the slack on my calories and protein intake. So it depends on whether the person is committed to achieve their goal or not, regardless the rate at which they choose to get there.
Once the semester is over in 4 weeks, I will add a  4th day to my routine to speed things up a little

25 Apr
So it at least will take a lot longer to see any noticeable changes...right?
25 Apr
For those that workout only once or twice. At the same time though, as you said, I do think its laziness to work out only twice a week. That would take wayy to long for me and I'd probably give up within 3 months lol. At my rate though, I do expect to see a big improvement by July from what I started with back in February. :)
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 10:55pm
via Android

You figure you have multiple body parts right. So if your doing an hour of just chest that's 1 day. How many other body parts are there? Do the math. You can get away with hitting 2 body parts on the same day eg. Legs and shoulders,  biceps and triceps, chest and back and then have a day for cardio and abs. That's a pretty basic routine right there.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51