Best workout program for skinny guys?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 16, 2015 5:21pm
via Android

So im a naturally lean guy who finds it very difficult to gain weight. Im 5'9 currently 145 pounds but would like to gain muscle basically for my entire body. My goal is just to be around 160 pounds and have a tight, fit body. What program should i try? I can probably go to the gym 3-4x per week.

Image_thumb
459 Posts
May 16, 2015 6:45pm
via Android

First... Fall in love with the iron!

I used to be where you are man, 5'11 145lbs, couldn't put on weight for anything.
The main thing for guys like us is being very mindful of our calories. Namely; taking in a whole helluva lot of them!
Everyday morning and night I would have a protein shake of 2 scoops whey/2tbsp of peanut butter (powdered)/1 cup dry oats/ a forth cup of granola/ 2tbsp of yogurt with about 2 or 2 1/2 cups of 2% milk.
That on top of eating 5 times a day.
Breakfast was usually 3 egg whites and oats
Snacks where fruit cups, granola bars, peanut butter and honey sandwiches,  nuts and raisins things like that.
Lunch would either be a subway Italian BMT 12" or the chili and baked potato from wendys.
Dinner would vary but always included chicken /beef/ or fish. And potatoes or pasta.
And ice cream. Mmmmmm.

Stuck to that for about six months. Only difference now is I've changed the way i take my protein since I'm around where I want to be weight wise (175, shooting for 180)

As far as workouts, the 8 Weeks To Increase program I've created has worked for me in the past for building solid muscle and strength.

If you want to put on sheer size, check out the Shortcut to size program on bodybuilding. com, or *Scotty K has a program he's created called Power Trip and a few people have throughly enjoyed the results.
I'm actually taking a page from him and combining my chest and leg days going forward.

Hope this helps.
Stay humble, Stay hungry.

#beastmodecamp

17 May
Thanks DJ i will checkout the programs you mentioned and start eating a ton more!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51