Warm up and stretches for running

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 23, 2015 6:25pm
via Android

Hi, everyone!
I go running 3 or 4 times a week, but I am still a newbie and I'm not sure of doing a proper warm up before my sesion, or even more important, some CORRECT stretches after run. Could you Help me by linking some workout related to this? Thank you!
PS: sorry for my english, is not my first languaje ^_^U

23 May
I don't really use skimble for stretches. Novertheless, for running you'll want to do some active engaging stretches. It's more of a warm up for the muscles rather than stretches though. Activity like butt kicks, toy solider/Frankenstein, and walk, jog, run, sprints. I would really only think they're necessary if you're running more than a mile or two. If you need clarification, please let me know. Happy to help!
26 May
Mix a little dynamic stretches
Image_thumb
821 Posts
May 24, 2015 12:11am
via Android

Tbh, everyone has the idea that stretching is the best thing for lifting running whatever. Well it is good, it's not the best. Doing things like some lateral squats/ split squats and rotational squats will really benefit you more than all those traditional stretches  we all learned in high school PE class. Foam rolling is good to do before any workout. Glute bridge as well.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51