Intermittent fasting/warrior diet

14 posts | Original | Recent

10622785_780765601944501_8742260473565883200_n_thumb
13 Posts
Jun 4, 2015 4:47pm
via Android

Anybody here do this? I'm starting this today. For those who do not know. It's a lifestyle believed to be what humans did in the very beginning, hunt (workout) and didn't eat till night time because you where busy during the day survivng. When you do eat, it's all lean proteins, veg., fruits, and whole grains. No processed, junk food. when I was younger before a husband and kids, I followed this schedule. I never ate breakfast and I had to be really hungry to eat lunch. Once I started my family my eating habits changed and the weight came on. So I'm determined to get back to this lifestyle !!

05 Jun
I love this way of eating and training. I have done this for years and made gains in power and stamina. I agree that information is important Read the book if u haven't. Front to back. This is not a water or juice fast necessarily. It's a controlled fast. Eating is minimum and adjustable during the fast portion. I hope u keep us posted. I love this diet!
05 Jun
What is the name of the book ??
18 Jun
It's Islamic. Muslims fast because profit Mohammad said so... then after 1400 years modern science discovers that fasting has HUGE benefits. Just to correct you :)
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 4, 2015 4:50pm
via Android

wouldn't that be really unhealthy??

04 Jun
I dont agree with you. Leave your body without any food all day long maybe will work out but its not healthy. You must eat healthy and work out to have the body that you want.
04 Jun
That is your opion and i respect that. but my opinion is, 8 hours of your day your at work/school/home whatever. For that 8 hours you you eat. The other 16 hours you don't. That sounds pretty reasonable to me.
04 Jun
What I probably didn't mention was the hours are flexible to what works for you.
04 Jun
And you work out when your not eating
04 Jun
That kind of makes sense actually...
13 Posts
Jun 4, 2015 4:52pm
via Android

I'm extremely new to the idea but from what I see there are diffrent hours like you go 16 without eating and a 4 hour window to get all your recommended calories in. It's not restrictions calories just when your eating that matters.

04 Jun
You adapt to what your body can handle
13 Posts
Jun 4, 2015 5:53pm
via Android

Here is the link I found this on pinterest http://www.e-health101.com/2014/11/warrior-diet-well-founded-intermittent-fasting-plan/

Actually this article explains it better. Www.livestrong.com/article/83394-start-warrior-diet/

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 4, 2015 7:55pm
Hugh Jackman follows the IF diet when preparing for the wolverine movies. It's scientifically proven & when done right is highly effective. Good luck with it. I don't do it personally because it doesn't fit well with my lifestyle
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jun 4, 2015 8:42pm
via Android

There are a number of fitness models that do this week's leading to a photoshoot. Everything I hear about the warrior diet is all positive.  Although I would tell you do a lot of research before you begin. That's not something you want to do half ass winging it. And tbh I do not think it's sustainable,  but that's my opinion.  Training is going to be very difficult,  you might get use to training doing something like IFIIFYM.  But some people do not. Here's a link to find more about IF.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/intermittent-fasting-science-and-supplementation.html

Image_thumb
99 Posts
Jun 4, 2015 11:59pm
via Android

Well Ramadan is starting in about 2 weeks for us Muslims where we fast from dawn to dusk for 30 days so im gonna make it into an intermediate fasting diet for me. Hope it works.

05 Jun
Make sure you read up on it Touma. It's pretty interesting
05 Jun
Yeh i have abit but ill need to do more research
05 Jun
That's how I came across intermittent fasting. I was looking up fasting for my religious beliefs. I felt as though my lord (I don't mean to offend you as I am Christian) has placed it on my heart to do so. It kept coming to mind.. I figured I can start this way to my ultimate goal would be to fast longer.
06 Jun
Thats an awesome reason to start doing it. Good luck :)
18 Jun
Hey Touma, I guess you start today, right?. Tell us how it goes for you!
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 5, 2015 8:28am
via Android

I did the fasting 2 or 3 months and I think it's really effective against bloating and for weight loss. I stopped because I felt very weak and sluggish after a couple of weeks and you don't lose much fat during fasting I think.
But if this lifestyle suits you and you feel fit with it go ahead ;)

Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 5, 2015 11:42am
via Android

I will restart the the warrior diet next Wednesday, thanks for the motivation. I am quite used to do so naturally and did not know this was named such a cool way this is the only way to loose weight for me actually with my metabolism. Work out 5-6 days a week, eat only the evening and natural not processed food only. I do not eat meat, only fish and seafood but I will limit the fish to 2 days a week maximum, the rest of the time vegetarian food only. I left this regime as I am in Holliday currently on an island and so I eat... Seafood mainly...so onf back at home I restart it.

05 Jun
Awesome !! I know when I read this it made since to me. For alot of people it comes naturally. I too am one. Can't wait to keep each other motivated! !
06 Jun
Yep, will be great. The start is always a bit tuff but then it is great:-) WE will make it!
06 Jun
I will read the book until then:-)
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jun 5, 2015 10:15pm
via iOS
The Warrior Diet.    By Ori Hofmekler
He has some other great bookstall well
I also want to add that most people I think don't want to go thru the transition phase a the beginning    It's a little rough but within a week or so you are feeling some great energy.    Also as you said food quality is very important here.   It must be whole food that is nutrient dense.  That's the best tasting food anyway so that's easy!   
12 Jun
This is true that doing this diet gives me so much energy, it is really stunning. I am like the Duracell battery rabbit, unstoppable!
12 Jun
Yea it's very awesome when u get in the routine. I think I save money as well ! How long have u been on it?
12 Jun
Oh I c now that u just started. Coconut water is a great substitute for Gatorade since they have added too much sugar and artificial flavor and color to Gatorade now. Either way I was avoiding the bread and sweet stuff but recently had some binges at night. But if I slip at night I usually just don't eat anything the next day till dinner. Or go for a long run or bike to burn it up.
12 Jun
Yeah coconut juice is a better alternative, especially we do have fresh one all year long where I leave, thanks for having reminded me that to replace the Gatorade! I just restarted it but I did it in the past already, just didn't know it was not my own place invention. This time I do it more strict.
18 Jun
got sick but I don^'t think it is linked...I get sick each time I take the plane anyway as there is always somebody sick around me in the plane. It seems this time was less bad than last time and that I recover faster as well. Don't know if any link with the diet
13 Posts
Jun 5, 2015 10:18pm
via Android

I've been doing as much research as I can on pinterest. I've learned some great tips through that. I will look into getting that book !! Thanks !!

05 Jun
Just Google warriors diet pdf. it's a free dl
05 Jun
Cool thanks !!
Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 11, 2015 12:44pm

Hello,

I started back today the warrior diet! Keep in mind that I adapt it a bit to my life style in bangkok.

So today like every next days, only some fresh fruits during the day (today was pineapple and half a mango). I drink lot of water but had as well 2 gatorades as I was doing lot of sport outside which is very hot (38-43 celsius degrees). I did my 100 push-ups, my 100 sit-ups, fitness and musculation outside and 25 km bicycling in Bangkok.

Now it is the evening so I have the right to eat a bit, vegetarian only this week so it will be indian vegetarian food tonight (usually it will be thai vegetarian or salads& brocoli).

I don't count my calory intake, I take some liberty regarding what I eat the night but here are the rules I try to follow a maximum:

During the day, only some fresh local fruits

During the evening, first week only vegetarian, then some fish or seafood is allowed. I never eat meat (this is not part of the diet but part of my convictions)

I avoid sugar as much as possible, but I do have some vegetarian street food ocasionally and I do not control all the time if they add sugar.

I try to drink only water but sometimes a gatorade is needed. I always eat fresh food not processed.

I do work outs 5 days a week.

Note for today, the switch from hollidays style 3 times a day meals was a bit hard but the workout was easier than usual!

12 Jun
Second day, still lot of work outs but no bicycle due to my knees injury...I had no more fresh fruit so I had a little spinach during day instead before getting out in the street to find more fruits. Still Indian veggie food during the evening with some mangosteen fruits. So cool to be in a tropical country, you get plenty of good fruits all year long! As my wife do not diet and has a good metabolism allowing her to eat whatever she want without never getting any weight, she bought nice bread (not very usual in Asia)and sugar...
13 Jun
Day 3, still holding on well but craving for sugar...
Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 18, 2015 4:50am

Hey Kellie,

still doing the warrior diet? How it is going for you?

for me first week was harder than usual as I am following more strickly the warriors rules but I lost 2 kg, so it is working well. I will start including some fish in my evening meal now form time as the first vegetarian week is over and as I will need some protein to not loose too much muscle and to support my work outs.

Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 23, 2015 6:57am
via Android

So i am no more in the vegetarian phase of my warrior diet. I get some seafood and fish in addition of veggies for dinner. Still only fruits during days. The difference is now that I get proteins for dinner, I am less starving for fruit the morning. Regarding workouts, anyway the less I eat the easier it is for me but the longer it is to heal...

24 Jun
I think missing dinner instead is really working out well for me...you can eat good breakfast simple lunch en mayb a plain cup of tea..
29 Jun
Yes it is wise to follow what is working for you. Forme thedinner is better as I can eat with my wife and if I have huge breakfast ido not want to workout anymore, digestion takes all my energy

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51