Abs and core HELP PLEASE

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 11, 2015 3:04pm
via iOS
So I'm trying really hard to get the body I want which includes Abs. No matter what I do I just can't get my stomach to slim down! I work out 3/4 times a week but it's difficult because of school and GCSEs. I was talking to my PE teacher and he was saying how sit ups don't actually benifit you much at all and you're better off doing other exercises. I would just really love to hear some exersices which actually work really well. Stuff that I can do at home too. I try to eat as best as I can and have cut down hugely on my snacks and unhealthy stuff. I just feel like I'm getting nowhere and I can't see the slightest difference even after a month. what am I doing wrong???
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jun 11, 2015 3:14pm
via Android

If you want to gain muscle, you need to do cardio like running/swimming because that's what rips the muscle and sit ups and other strength building exercises build it up. You need to do both to see results!

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 11, 2015 3:21pm
via iOS
So I do 30 mins of exercises eg, sit ups, push ups, crunches, squats etc. and then after that go for a run and then come home and stretch. I don't know where I'm going wrong because I do the running and all, the other stuff... X
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jun 11, 2015 3:25pm
via Android

You're off to a good start. A month is no time at all. Don't give up. You need a lot more time and effort put into learning about your body, and nutrition, and trying things and tweaking them to get the results you want.

Getting visible abs is mostly a matter of getting your body fat percentage down below what your body naturally tries to maintain.

This is usually most effectively accomplished through a structured, disciplined diet, combined with muscle building exercises and lots of fat burning cardio and HIIT.

If you just eat 'mostly healthy' but don't have your diet and exercise basically scientifically planned for the necessary fat loss, it's next to impossible to gain visible abs.

Start reading up on fat loss through diet. Look into balancing your macros.
There is a lot to learn and you just gotta start googling.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 11, 2015 3:29pm
via iOS
I know you have to be extremely strict and work hard. But I'm asking if you know why good exercises which will help all together. I m currently managing my GCSEs (school), two jobs and trying to stay fit. I'm 15 so I don't expect to be so strict with my diet as its next to impossible for me at the moment. Maybe you're right and I won't get visible abs but is there anyways I can slim down a and get a flatter stomach? Eg. Exercises x
11 Jun
Wow only 15. This might sound impossible but have patience. I'm almost 40 and just finished one year of a new healthier lifestyle. I shed 20 pounds of mostly fat and went from 36% down to 27% body fat. It takes time just stick with it the results you're after will come.
Image_thumb
86 Posts
Jun 12, 2015 2:46am
via Android

When trying to shred fat and gain muscle definition, you really have to sweat. Within a month straight of working out, im getting closer and closer to having my dream stomach!

For my cardio i love running, cycling, swimming or dancing or zumba workouts. But usually i will do HIIT. There are HIIT exercises on here, or if you search HIIT workout videos you can find some really good ones on YouTube.

I try to workout 4-5 times a week, and one one day i will do a "cardio burn out" and will do HIIT along with a run or a bike ride! :)

So, lots of cardio, and do ab exercises so you can shape your ab muscles! And again, always try to eat clean and get lots of fruits and veggies into you! :)

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 12, 2015 6:01am
via iOS
I learned a different type of crunch sit-up in the army that seemed to work pretty well for everyone.

Lie down on your back with legs 45 as you would usually for a sit up. Arms next to your sides palms facing down. Make a line (tape on the floor) at your fingertips. Now make another line about 20cm /12in further down.

The aim is to reach for the further line as you crunch lifting only your head and shoulders. Work your way up until you can do 100 non stop.

Good luck!
Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Jun 12, 2015 12:53pm

Check out the Nike+ app there you will find loads of strength excercises and also look at my liked workouts maybe they can help you.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 12, 2015 2:12pm
via iOS
I'm defiantly going to try this! Thank you!
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 12, 2015 2:13pm
via iOS
Thanks everyone! Defiantly learned a lot ahah, just have to be.patient and persistent

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51