Cardio with a broken leg?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 21, 2015 9:44pm
via Android

I need help. My doc wants me to lower my cholesterol by working out and cutting red meat out of my diet. Big problem: I have a broken leg and am non-weight-bearing on that leg. How do I work out? Can anyone suggest any programs on here for me?

22 Jul
I have a bad knee. So I am kind of dealing with your issue. I would love tips as well.
22 Jul
Hi stevie. Is ur leg in a brace or cast? Cardio is normally s full body workout...swimming is a good option. I also got high cholesterol as I inherited it. What I suggest is that u continue with exercises that will ur heart rate rise. Examples is arm workouts but high intensity with little rest. Bicep curl, tricep amd shoulder raisies...u catch my drift?
22 Jul
My leg is in a fracture boot. I'm very limited as far as what I can do with my bottom half. Stephen, you said upper body workout with little rest. Can you give me an example of that?
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 1, 2015 12:22pm
via Android

Upper body boxing workouts could be done from a seated position. You wouldn't get the full benefit but if you throw those punches fast enough your heart rate can come up.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51