Let's be honest...

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 9:52am

Ok... let me clarify that this is a personal view that I am sharing. I am sharing it as it's beginning to annoy me and I'd rather get it off my chest and be upfront about it.

A trend has started here. That of logging practically every activity done and calling it a workout.

I understand that the activity may be long and hardous. I understand that for some it's a repeated activity. It still does not compare with normal workouts and to log them here.. daily in some cases is too much. Like I said, my opinion.

I've seen 3 hours house cleaning followed by vacuuming. I've seen walking logged (I'm not talking to those that are beginning their exercise journey and this is an actual workout. Or people that are injured and are limited to it. I also support people that use it as a walk/jog or walk long distances). Walking is what we all do. We walk daily unless impared. That is not a workout.

I just miss the days when I used to look at my newsfeed and it was not covered by walking to the toilet (ok...haven't seen that one yet ^^) , or vacuuming/ cleaning the house.

End of rant. Let the abuse begin!

22 Jul
I agree, Hadi!
22 Jul
My full support Hadi:) at work, I walk in about 13-15000 steps but don't log it, cause I don't see it as a workout, though it's good for health. Regarding cleaning, shopping, renovating and extreme fingernails cutting, everyone has to ask if it's really a workout or to show activity/ getting points
22 Jul
It's a slippery slope-- I've had this frustration off and on too -- I've had people question me -- get irritated with my cardio work which I never did hardly 10+years ago so I can fully understand that side and I can understand being frustrated working my but off overcoming injury after injury hurting from one day to the next -- comparison is a negative effect on us as a person and a negative light flashed onto others -- maybe sometimes regardless of the activity maybe the person is seeking community or wants to be apart of something or maybe...
22 Jul
Couldn't have said it better myself Hadi...have you perused the community created wo's? Saw one that was literally a day long smh...
22 Jul
I know what you mean Lt! Sorry for the late reoky by the way...was busy logging breathing. Meh!
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 12:59pm
via iOS
I was planning on making workouts for. Driving to work, Eating lunch, Shopping, Nap time, Watching movies. Sleeping at night,  Drinking beer<<<<my personal favourite. Gonna be so intense 
22 Jul
I should do one to wash my hair! That beast takes ages and it's a proper workout for the arms. ^^
22 Jul
Just thought of a new one. Sending Hadi messages on workout trainer. :0
22 Jul
Looooooollllll! What abt 3 hours sex ! Make it intense lol you really made me laughh Thomas ! Hadi i like your post . True indeed !!!
22 Jul
I was expecting some people to complain by now. ^^ Wouldn't have been able to do it privately as my profile is not open. :P
22 Jul
Make rubi laugh. My new workout of the week :)
Image_thumb
159 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 5:01pm
via Android

Lol. Yeah let's keep it real everyone. Points aren't everything.

22 Jul
For some it is Pinky. I don't really care if they do it or not. Just don't clog up my news feed with it. -_-'
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 6:51pm
via Android

But I thought I could trade all my skimble points at the end of the year for a prize???? Was I lied to

22 Jul
You only get magic beans J!
22 Jul
Hahah I'll take it!
22 Jul
They make your farts smell of candy floss
22 Jul
Wait what? I thought I'd grow me a beanstock. Plus that's how my farts already smell
22 Jul
They lied. Remember?lol
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 6:52pm
via Android

Hey heiko, I am taking my son to an amusement park sunday. Might as well make it a workout right. Gezzz but all jokes aside it's hard not to get a little annoyed over people perception of "working out" .

22 Jul
There's a 63min workout called lazy. At least it's honest.
22 Jul
Lol oops this was meant to be a comment under the original post oh well. I might have to try the lazy one though.
22 Jul
You need a remote control for that one as props!
22 Jul
22 Jul
I'm gonna make a workout called "only logging this for points". Unless someone already stole my awesome idea....lol.
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Jul 22, 2015 10:19pm
via Android

I am starting to find that this site is bambarded with people posting just too post! I am starting not to enjoy it! I thought this is a workout site not a dating site.....it's frustrating!

22 Jul
For real
23 Jul
Jovon I am not talking about you guys but when your trying to find things on here, your scrolling through motivation, who is between this age and blah blah....it gets frustrating especially for the people who want to use it for the purpose it is there....this isn't fb or a dating site! OK I will quit blabbing now...mlol
23 Jul
With you in regards to the forum too. That's my next rant if it carries on.
23 Jul
Dawna ... skimble becomes not only dating site .. but also po... site ... I was so angry other days .. someone come and ask me for naked pictures to energize him while he is working out .. I want to slap him if I see outside .. but unfortunately he is other side of world
23 Jul
That's sad but true Sue. I've especially put a pic so nobody can tell whether I am male or female and made my profile private to avoid creeps messaging or perving on stuff. I've heard so many stories of girls getting hassled on here. It's unfair to have to do what I do just to avoid creeps. It's unfair that you need to have your inbox clogged with desperate sad idiots that can't tell the difference between this app and Tinder. If I were you, I'd take a screenshot of the abusive messages and send them on to abuse@skimble.com to...
Image_thumb
99 Posts
Jul 23, 2015 6:13am
via Android

Lunges while vacuuming is counted though, right? Hehehe

23 Jul
Hahaha! Course T! You never just do that anyway. See their 'activities' against a normal profile and there's no comparison.
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jul 23, 2015 1:10pm
via iOS
Awesome! I've already emailed skimble about the house cleaning thing. I hope we all clean but it doesn't get the heart rate up enough to be considered a WO. As for walking, for most that's a WO. I love to run but after a few injuries (a fall where I hit my spine, ACL injury skating and now my hamstring), sometimes getting up and moving can be intense. I've falling in love with yoga and I'm honestly grateful for the app, the points are meaningless but what I log in is my own and helps me create accountability within myself. Consider the fact many people have kids, finding WOs they can Do with them is often a challenge. The point is that I move everyday so I stay healthy and I hope everyone does as well whether you're spinning in circles, breathing (which can be a WO and beneficial) or lifting weights. Namaste! 
23 Jul
In agreement Vivienne! You tend to know though who is genuine and who is just trying to bump numbers etc... My issue is that it can create a negative impact to the people that are pushing daily (whether they are starting out or been doing this for a while). In regards to walking, if for 'actual' reasons I completely support. I just do not consider it a workout worth logging continuously otherwise. Thank you for sharing :)
23 Jul
It absolutely creates a negative impact unfortunately Skimble is allowing cleaning, wanking and whatever else to be a workout. I had a rant about this weeks ago but I had to look at in another way and ask myself, "why am I bothered anyways? My health matter more." Same goes for people who just seem angry or post negative comments, it's negative. Let's motivate and encourage. Be healthy is not just a active or workout, it's a lifestyle.
23 Jul
Being healthy is not just an activity or workout it's a lifestyle. ** typos! Sorry...
23 Jul
Hahaha..again, can't help but agree with your statement. It's just that until someone mentions 'the elephant in the room' no-one will progress. I'm not bother in a 'motivational' kind of way. Like I said, it was beginning to annoy me and wanted to just be upfront with it. I guess I hoped that some could see things differently. If they did, brilliant. If not...again, it would not change or slow down my personal goal. :)
Image_thumb
1654 Posts
Jul 24, 2015 2:57am
via iOS
My personal opinion......

I'd split the age-bracket so the 13-18 or 21yr olds have their own skimble pages. 

As for the pervs, well they are everywhere in the world! Block them on here and they give up eventually. Or email skimble with a screen print of the message and they'll close the person's account. Unfortunately a lotta people (and I've had messages from women as well so it's not exclusively guys) are dumb & let their genitals rule their brains. 

As for the "workouts" it's personal preference  but I'm the one who can look in the mirror, dripping in sweat & safe in the knowledge I'm gettin better. I log anything that pushes my body and that includes shoveling snow if I treat it as a workout 
24 Jul
Split the age brackets. That's a great idea
24 Jul
Or just stop blending all the topics under "active topics" - or create a "pointless topic that'll make your eyes bleed" page
24 Jul
A skimble moderator would help. Like a badass rejecting all the abs, motivation, follower, workout buddy posts.
24 Jul
I agree on the splitting, something has to be done it drowning and it's on overload of motivation and just stupid topics! I better shut up. ....lol
24 Jul
A teen only community tab and a tab just for workout buddies or motivation would already remove the majority of this topics that drown out the interesting ones.
Image_thumb
1654 Posts
Jul 24, 2015 3:00am
via iOS
I've actually stopped going on topics now & giving advice. There's just too much crap topics & we are drowning under social drivel. 
24 Jul
How tall are you? What TV show do you like? Blah blah blah
Image_thumb
255 Posts
Jul 24, 2015 9:09pm
via iOS
Sometimes going to the toilets could be an intense core workout
25 Jul
Hahahaha
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 3:04pm
via Android

Bump

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51