Suggestions for Workout Stuff?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 6:26pm
via Android

So the only thing I have to use while working out is a 10 lb dumbell. I want to get one of those exercise balls and another dumbell eventually but what are some other things I should look into getting?
All I have around here is a Walmart with exercise equipment, I don't use a gym and I don't have alot to spend. I have been feeling like I need more than just one dumbell though. It's almost like it isn't doung much anymore.
Any help would be great (: Still feel so new to all this haha

(Not sure where to put this so I'm just going to add it to a random forum)

17 Aug
gymnastic rings!probably not in walmart but you could buy them online :-)
17 Aug
Wouldn't I have to hang them from something? And what exactly do they do?
17 Aug
I used to hang them from a pull up bar... They're pretty versatile actually: hangs, pull ups, dips, push ups, dips, flyers, planks, hanging knee raises, even... handstands (total hardcore beyond my imagination...)
17 Aug
Okay. I'll have to check them out
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 8:06pm
via Android

Try ankle weights (I use 1 kg for each one), exercise ball is also good, I use two dumbbells and a jump rope :)
I hold one ankle weight while I'm doing russian twists but you can use anything for that. I do leg lifts with ankle weights and glute kickbacks(really challenging if you do more repetitions). When I do leg lifts like that my inner thighs are burning haha :)

17 Aug
Can you tell a difference in your body using weights for workouts? I was able to and it's like I'm just stuck now no matter how I try to change it up.
17 Aug
I use 2 dumbbells for anything I can. about the ankle weights.. I get a better leg workout when I use them. Without them I still feel my legs after a workout but with them I push myself more and work my muscles harder. I like them because they add resistance to lower body training. I focus on slow movement. I only use them when I do leg and butt workouts(not for walking or cardio like some people do, they can get injured). Ankle weights strengthen muscles and help burn more calories. here is a good article and it may...
17 Aug
Okay thanks! I'll look into that
Image_thumb
166 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 8:42pm
via Android

There's soooooo much you can do with just one kettlebell!  Plus, kettlebell workouts burn cals and tone muscle at the same time...can't go wrong :-)

17 Aug
Just be careful swinging it around if you workout at home. Last year I broke a lamp, lol.
17 Aug
Our house is pretty much kid proof :P I will check that out though! I was actually looking at them a while back but didn't have money. What weight would be good to start?
17 Aug
I would start with 15lb
17 Aug
Okay. I'll check them out next time I'm in town
Image_thumb
86 Posts
Aug 19, 2015 5:58am
via Android

hmm in my home gym i have a stability ball which i love...brings ab workouts to a whole other level....i have a few free weights, yoga mat, ab roller, a stepy thingy for areobics, kettle bells...thats pretty much it.

just a little tip, i got most of my workout things from garage sales! i always have one or two a week going on and a lot of people sell workout things....if your town is big on garage sales check some of them out. i got a weight set of like 5 weights for 15 bucks......and the areobic stepper thing was free.....just a suggestion!

19 Aug
I'll be looking for garage sales but I don't think we have many of those going on around here.
19 Aug
hmmm.......hopefully you find one! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51